Tuesday 14 August 2007

Update on The Interview

So I'm home! I survived the slow and painful process of self-humiliation! I think I'm a trooper! (ignore me, I'm a drama queen)

Anyway just to keep you an update, turned out the interview I just attended wasn't for a permanent job, it's for a four-days aesthetic medicine conference and exhibition. Trust me, they don't need me for my brain on this, otherwise they would have kicked me out after seeing my blank look upon the word 'aesthetic'. I know, I'm a woman of a few words, I believe in simplicity! But they pay good and I see their sheer desperation of men-power so who am I to say 'no'? (I'm totally kidding. The only one who's desperate is me. A few more days from now and I seriously will be needing money for food and bus fare.)

On the other hand, I'm totally lost if we started talking about my journalism-job hunting. This *pointing at my brain* is all I've got, not this! *my flabby arms indicating muscles and brawn* But at least this seminar opportunity will earn me money, and I won't have to resort to washing people's shoes or stripping through the webcam.

I met and talked to a nice indian girl while waiting for the interview, she's 22 and already married! I suddenly feel so down, c'mon, I haven't even graduated yet! Now my biological clock is already ticking?!! But she assured me, I guess upon seeing my worried look and my sudden attempt to grab any men in sight out of sheer frustration, that it's very normal in her culture to be married in such a young age. *I thought it was during prehistoric ancient time?!!!* I continued to act normal after that, but my eyes somehow kept drifting to the clock, gosh. She was wearing sari and she was really sweet, but in the end she didn't want the job because I think she was looking for a permanent position. *turns out she wasn't nearly as desperate as me*

Anyway, when I walked home, I saw this auntie while trying to cross the street. The light was still red so we stood there waiting. The auntie was holding an umbrella and apparently, started swearing and sweating badly. She kept punching the crossing button, like press! press! press! press! press! press! press! press! press! press! like a madman and muttering 'aiyyyyooo!!!!!' as if the machine was some kind of joke and the world was just trying to prank her. Aiyoooo auntie, the light wouldn't turn green even if you smack your head on that freaking button! I was tempted to come up to her and say 'auntie, have you ever heard about an anger management program??'

Another sucky thing happened. No, correction, I mean, I just realized another sucky thing. I thought my next remodule was next week! So at least I still got this weekend to play and get drunk again! And probably find a man to marry! (yes, a man has to be drunk to consider marrying me, I am that bad) But apparently it's on next thursday!!!! Like, the day after tomorrow!!! I will have classes everyday all the way til the 25th, then a few days break (which is when the medicine exhibition's taking place so I don't see any beach-outings or acting pretty happening anytime soon), and then tutorial and classes again!

AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON ASSIGNMENTS! *pure hysterria* Okay, okay, I'm going to do it now! As in, right this moment! Serious! Focus! Concentrate! Really, I'm making it now. Here, I'm really, really doing this. See, cursor's moving. To microsoft word. Totally. I'm totally getting this done.

No comments: