Thursday 9 August 2007

Okay, This is Freaky

Now you all know that babe is my best friend, and that she has been there for me through up and downs, happiness and sadness *sounds like a wedding's vow*. And you probably know too that we think alike, that sometimes we finish each other's sentences and that we can talk for hours with no particular topic at hand.

The thing is, we are both so different in personality, but it's amazing how well we hit it off. Does that make sense? To feel so alike with someone who's totally different? I don't mean different as in she's normal and I'm sick or anything like that, (we don't even share the same preference in men, which is good, really) but well, let's just say this, she wouldn't be caught dead flapping her hands out in the air, skipping like maniacs and talking with an imaginary loudspeaker. Y'know?

Anyway. I'm not writing about our friendship in particular, but something just happened that drove my fingers to dance in here. *god, could I be more melodramatic?* You know something's worth blogging when you see one!

So, what happened is, just recently, I kinda heard one song by Joss Stone, called 'Spoiled', you've must known that too, right? It isn't a new song, in fact, it was out way back ago. And I have never liked Joss Stone in particular, I mean, her voice is good, and some of her songs are okay, but I'm not a fan. And I've known about that song since a long time ago, but never actually bothered to listen to it again right until just recently. The exact reason was because I opened this person's blog and the song was playing in the background and I thought, "Hey, this is that song by Joss Stone. Haven't heard this for a while. It's nice." So I've got the song and played it over and over again since. But I didn't tell this to anyone, less alone babe! What surprised me was tonight. She came over to my place to work on assignment, *initially. We really had such noble intention, don't you think?* and we were just hanging out in the room with both our laptops hanging open, minding our own business, accompanied with ocassional remarks, comments, and 'uh-huh' if something interesting came up. Well, suddenly, out of nowhere, she played a song, and GUESS WHAT SONG IS IT, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN?!!!?!

IT WAS NONE OTHER THAN THAT PARTICULAR JOSS STONE'S SONG!

IT WAS 'SPOILED' IN ALL ITS GLORY!

I honestly was transfixed, complete agape and surprise. I couldn't believe what I heard!

So I screamed and told her the whole story and we ended up laughing and she even admitted that she just liked that song recently too! I think she mentioned a word 'freaky'. I couldn't possibly say anything other than 'I hear ya, sister!' I guess the other part that made it more surprising was because usually we don't really listen to the same kind of music either. It's not that I don't like her type of songs or she doesn't like mine, but we just don't normally listen to the same kind, that's all. She listens to oldies, and I'm more to pop. Which doesn't make me dislike Chicago or Minnie Ripperton, cos yes, I think their songs are nice, but I don't normally listen to them.

So how?! How do we come to like the same song at the same time? Okay, if you put it that way, it doesn't seem too big of a deal, but seeing the big picture, it is a bit funny and coincidentally surreal.

Cheers, babe! I'd say, 'ya-ya!'

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe we should start calling each other ya-ya sisters, plunging into ya-ya sisterhood with all the ya-yaness we can muster. And the members? Ya-ya you and ya-ya me.

*Now this is what I call blabbering

Cheers!
Ya-ya sister

t e e n a said...

Hear hear! Hey ya-ya you! How was your day, mine is good, how is your project getting along, ya-ya you? Ya-ya you, you should come over to ya-ya me's place tomorrow!

...er..that might be a bit confusing, don't you think?;)