Sunday 12 August 2007

Lost. And I Wish I Care.

When I looked back at how I was last year, I don't think I would see this coming. Somehow life just doesn't seem to go according to plan, somehow shits just managed to happen no matter how hard we tried to prevent it. And it sucks. It sucks that all this things are beyond your control and there's just so much you can do. Even if I get to fly to the moon and back, it still wouldn't make a difference. And I hate myself for losing faith, I've always been proud to be someone who believes, but I feel myself slowly dissolve, fade away. And I can't stop it, it's just the way it is. I get angry, and I have noone to blame but my own faith. Because what, it says that if you wish hard enough, somehow you'll get what you want? And I think back at how much, how hard we all have wished, but what's the use? It didn't make a damn difference. And when you're slowly evaporating, the less and less you care.

I know, it's not something I'm quite proud of, but that's just it. I can't be bothered anymore. Why pretend and fool yourself, always wishing but ends up getting dissapointed over and over again?

And a friend said, "You have to be patient. It's an unfortunate incident. Everything will be okay." I'm sorry, but you just don't get it. You're trying to console me, but that just pisses me off more. Unfortunate incident, you say? Unfortunate incident happens once or twice, but this? More like epidemic! And we're just tired, see. We're fucking exhausted. What, to keep wishing? Maybe wishing-and-getting-what-you-want only happens in fantasy. Either way, I don't care.

That's the thing about future, you'll never know. Last year I wouldn't have thought this would still be happening. But then again, maybe last year we've all been too preoccupied by other shits at hand as well. If you asked me last year how I imagined my future, I would probably have answered, "Well, I'll be having a great job I enjoy so much doing, my good friends will all still be there, and my big extended families will see me getting hitched." Oh well, or something like that. But see, maybe I was just being naive. Because so many things have happened and there's just no perfect endings anymore. Good, maybe, but not perfect. And I've already seen it! I don't have to be in the future, I don't have to be in the position where you can look at what you've got at the moment, and things in the past, and say 'so these are the things that are missing..' or 'this is not quite what I had imagined' or even 'you know, I used to have this, but now I don't..' I don't need to be in the future to analyze what I'm missing, because I can tell you that right now! I don't have to be there, calculating the goods and bads, hoping something would be different or having things to regret because even now, I know. I know already that future isn't what I've always pictured. And probably that serves as a good kick, reminding me to be realistic, to not live in fantasy. Maybe.

It's not that I won't care about how my life will be like anymore. And I will keep hoping in the back of my mind, that at least, a near-perfect ending is still possible. But at the same time, it prepares me, to see things I didn't see before, facts that I have never accounted for. Grandma's passing is one of them. It's something I never thought possible, or reckoned, and it will be something I will always regret.

I'm not looking for sympathy, or those sad looks that said 'you poor little thing'. I feel that I need to write this, because if I said this to anyone, I will get that look. And I don't want to tell anyone else that I'm losing faith only to get 'don't say like that. You will get a sign, you will believe again.' And that look. Because they don't understand, they think I'm a lost little sheep and that all I need is a direction to get me back home, and maybe yes, maybe I am lost and maybe I just need something to make me believe again. The thing is, I'm not sure what that something is. I find it easier to be angry and to take every blow as if life just sucks sometimes and that I have no control over the shits that happened, than to keep wishing and wishing and the results would have still be the same.

I'm sorry, if I knew that if I give charity to beggars, my unfortunate incidents would stop, or even, just happening slower, you bet I would do it every single month for as long as it takes. If I have to forgive all mistakes people have made on me just to make everything better, I will. I really will. But no, right? No matter how much we've tried, in the end it just seems useless. And that makes me lose it. I really don't believe anymore. And even I know it's sad. I don't want me to not believe, but it's just the way it is.

Maybe I've seen this all wrong, maybe I'm just stupid and bitter and negative. Maybe there is an explanation, maybe my perspective is crappy, maybe if you were me, you could still make it good somehow, maybe you will even believe more, maybe you will say that there are still other people less fortunate and that you are still lucky and whatever. I don't know. I don't know whether I'm right or wrong, because I'm too tired to figure that out. All I know is this is how I feel and if I'm wrong then let it be.

No comments: