Wednesday 15 August 2007

Silence...Not.

I think I'm lacking motivation. Surely a girl my age is supposed to be...I don't know, energetic, enthuasiastic, full-of-life, grab every guy, oops, I mean, opportunity, passionate and eager?? Am I even among one of those things? Now, let me paint a picture, from tomorrow I'll be busy with classes and probably homeworks(oh let's pray together there won't be any!) and I haven't even touched my advertising project? It's not like I don't want to begin, but it requires background information on the company which I don't have any yet! And I know, I know, you probably would say, "so move your lazy ass down there and ask the manager himself!" And yes, I intended to do so, but I can't just come there and start bugging for sales history, can I? They probably will kick me out of the building, and police may even be involved. Okay, not police, just security guards, perhaps. (I'm dramatic if not anything.) I've mailed them but so far they only replied 'give me more details', and whoa, I've explained on and on and on with so much eagerness and exhilaration, feeling suddenly like the new heir of JK Rowling if you can imagine, resulted in one crazy long email nobody should have been exposed to (I just know that now), and suddenly nothing. No words from them again. Ooookay, now this is awkward. What does the silence mean?! Now, what am I supposed to do? I don't know! You tell me!

It's like, if you agree or disagree with it, let me know! Nothing's worse than a complete silence! It's like when I came down for the interview weeks back and then suddenly nothing? I'm not a body-language or mind reader, so how am I supposed to know if the manager is not just seriously ill so every major life-and-death-decision (yes! Like hiring an intern!) should be postponed! You know what I mean?

And I mentioned before about how I haven't heard a word from him? Up until yesterday I got seriously super worried and I sent him a non-stop rambling mail about the possibility of him being abducted by an alien or just simply being lured away by hookers. But apparently this fact was just really amusing for him because he still could JOKE about this while I was up to my neck feeling worried and finding myself check every car accidents that happened among the area. And his reply was,

"I havent time for a full reply, this in no way means im a dead, being probed by aliens, runing off with a voluptous beauty,arrested for bank robery, gained a dislike for you, injuried in a car crash, shot by a dirty brit, flown to another country, visiting mars, lost in the woods, or angry at you.....it simply means i am up to my neck in work!"
(sickeningly mushy parts were purposely removed by the author to avoid complaints of sudden nausea, disgust, vomiting, repulsion and gastric problems)

YES! BUT HOW IN THE NAME OF JUPITER COULD I KNOW ABOUT ALL THOSE THINGS?! Now, if you don't know me at all, you may think I'm seriously sick, that my imagination is inhumanly unreal (although I can vouch in that I'm definitely not sick, I do have a strong power of imagination...sometimes), but really, I didn't think I was overreacting at all! I did not, did I?

What I'm saying is, silence is bad! Who came up with 'silence is golden', anyway? Uh-huh, maybe! If you're playing chess! But otherwise, speak??

This sucks, suddenly, really really suddenly I got hit by an emotional wave of nostalgia. If I'm not mistaken, I gave the silence treatment to people too, and most recently, to the ex??!!! Now I feel like such a hypocrite. So why did I talk about this again?

Hey, hey, I totally understand now! Surely the manager of the company is too busy to inform all the potentials that they were not accepted! Surely he has a lot on his mind already! Like, how not to lose a million-dollars contract with company XYZ! And hey, baby, I understand that you're really busy at work, I'm sure if you have time you would've called!

And...so, of course, I too, did have a perfectly good reason for giving E the silent treatment?? I must have, right? Yeah? Yeah? *trying helplessly to justify my action*

How do the topic of assignments get to this?! (this is how my mind works, jumping from one point to another. You wouldn't wanna know.)

No comments: