Monday 23 July 2007

They Call It Monday Blues For A Reason

I'm not usually a big follower on 'okay, this is Saturday so you have to go out, you got to, you just have to!!! You stay at home, and you call yourself a normal human being?! Shame on you! You gotta go out!!! You just have to!!!! It's WEEKEND!!!', and by this time, you probably would have packed all your belongings, go out for good and never return just to shut me up.

What I'm saying is, I don't care what day is today, I will go out whenever I want to, and I will stay at home whenever my kidney feels like it. I have more than pathetic lonely weekends, mind you, and I am normal, aren't I? Last time I checked, I still have body parts equivalent to a normal person, so I must still be normal. I'm sure I even still own a functioning brain! I swear! Just because it's weekend and everything, doesn't mean that God-forbids, I can't snuggle up in bed and drool over Vince Vaughn and John Cusack, right?

Hey, don't be wary, this stay-home-saturday-weekend-thing is just an example. To prove a point that I'm not dictated by days! (except, Wednesday night, cos on that particular night, I can get in any clubs for free, and I'm not exactly swimming with money so I find it a very good deal for me, as well as for my wallet, and so I don't go out on that day because it's Wednesday, but because Wednesday comes with many offers that I, as a girl, sometimes just can't seem to refuse because I'm not exactly swimming in money and if on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday I also can get everything for free, I would certainly make the most of it and go on those days too, so in the end of the day, I won't even go out on Wednesday anymore, and when you think about it, Wednesday will be nothing more than just a day of the week and I wouldn't even remember the word 'wednesday' anymore and I can mention 'wednesday' without blinking as if it holds no emotional value whatsoever but because the great deal only comes on Wednesday and I'm not exactly swimming with money, I.............)

Holy cow!! Please tell me I didn't just humiliate and lower myself to the ground.

I will just go straight to the point! (and yes, I do have one!)

This day, unlike any other day, I feel grumpy, sleepy, tired, unenergized, fat,.... (you're welcomed to insert other negative adjectives in here.) And I just couldn't figure out why. I wasn't necessarily lacking sleep, or did some extreme sports just to make me feel so exhausted and tired, and I didn't know why I was so grumpy or why I wanted to say shit to everyone, or why I didn't give a crap about anyone's business.

And then my class started, and by the time break came, everyone sighed and lied their heads on the tables, snoring and dreamingly making their way to heaven. And then it hit me that it happened not only to me. But apparently some other breathing beings were feeling the same thing too. And then another lighting stroke me.

It is, indeed, Monday.

Now whether this bad-tiring-grumpy-mood and the fact that this is Monday have any blood connection at all, I'm still not sure, but I would like to assume so. Some sort of evil conspiracy somehow made me wake up at 9 this morning, make my way to town, force me to face 2 hours of group meeting followed by 3 grueling hours of lectures filled with notes-scribbling and teacher's clatter. I didn't even bother to have lunch because I felt so fat.

Yes, Monday made me feel that way too. Damn.

Just to sum this up? Today is not a good day. No, no, let me rephrase it. Today, is a bad day. Not even a good amount of Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters could cheer me up tonight. And now what? I still have to type things for the big presentation on Wednesday, and I'm supposed to meet early again tomorrow with my group.

Just to make things clear, there is no such thing as Tuesday blues, Tuesday miseries, Tuesday tortures, or any of those sorts, right?! I'm so not prepared for that. Hell.

Gasp! It's 12.30 am so it's technically Tuesday and I managed to get grumpy at such early stage of the day?! Try, Tuesday crap?!!!!

No comments: