Monday 2 July 2007

Changes

It surprised me at how much people changed. I know, it's part of life, and part of growing up. Noone can avoid that. It happens naturally. But sometimes, I wonder why. Why do people change if it turns out to be such dissapointing?

It's a silly thing to say, probably. Because, who am I to judge? I've changed too, and everyone tells me so. People said they are worried about this notorious party girl image I seem to live on now. Yes, of course everyone changes.

But I'd like to think that I am still me. That despite how I enjoy dancing and having fun with my friends nowadays, I'm still the geek I used to be, the one who loves reading and staying at home sometimes, the one who still babbles too much and the one who loves her family and the one who still dreams to be a writer, and the one who's a bit narcissistic. Okay, maybe a lot.

I don't know.

But I'm just surprised at how much I don't like the way you've changed. You seem a lot more materialistic and unappreciative of what you've been given. Don't you know that you're incredibly lucky? Yet, there are always things you wanted more, and more, and I wonder if there will ever be an end to it.

I'm sorry, I probably have no right to judge you. Hell, I'm hardly an angel. People are patronizing me too out there, so why do I do this to you? I don't mean to critisize.

I guess I'm just a bit dissapointed. I don't get the way you think anymore, I can't understand. Seems like we see things from the different end of the stick. I can't see you anymore. Or maybe you've always been this way, somehow?

Is this the reason, why some old friends can't seem to last? That despite how close they were, once they grew up, they can never seem to find things in common anymore, and they just grew apart? Cos they don't like how the other changed? Cos they can't seem to see things from the same perspectives anymore? Cos they struggled just to find a common ground and interesting things to say to each other? Just because their lives have evolved so much? Just because..they have changed so much?

It's kinda sad..but that's life.

And you will always be my friend. I'm just not sure we could ever be the same.

No comments: