Sunday 31 August 2008

Tell me your quirks!

I have my quirks. Things others find odd that only I can appreciate. Ideas and thoughts that pass people's heads but seem to stuck with me. Little qualities that means no more than an itch for some, but bugs me beyond belief.

I get exceptionally high with stationery, I love writing with colorful pens and markers, having racks of organized paper and files and writing schedules on a planner. During my school days, I had this huge fluffy pencil case to store all my pens, I get incredibly determined to have systems whenever I write my notes. This specific color for the titles, subtitles, points, numbers, texts. And sometimes at night I would just lay each pen down and look over them with admiration. Geek alert!

I find it really important to buy a laptop if you like the sound of its keyboards tapping. They make different noises, sometimes it's louder and harder, some give you 'tek' instead of 'tik'. My laptop is a 'tik' and I love it. It bothers me to type in a computer which sound I do not like. Somehow it affects me too much.

I have a thing with people's names. I have images of people and their names and I would think to myself whether they fit. For example, my friend Todd. Tall, gawky, glasses, witty, smart. He's perfect for a Todd. In fact, he's so Todd. He can't be a Chris, or a John, or a Dave. Oh, Dave is so wrong. But he could be a Brian. Brian would suit him too, actually. Although he's still more of a Todd than a Brian.

[please, please, tell me that this is not at all uncommon!]

My sister's quirky this way too. When we're bored, we would start throwing boys' names and tell each other what kind of image comes to mind. Usually we separate it into two kinds, GG or MM. Girls' Guys or Manly Men. Like, we agreed in consensus that Bruce just screams testosterone all over. Definitely MM. Steve too is MM, much more than Stephen. Jack's a MM. Daniel, Christopher and Andrew are so GG.

Hey, I like the name Ethan. It's GG, though.

I can't stand reading a book if I do not like the fonts and if they're too close-knitted together. I love Trebuchet and Georgia, I hate Times New Roman and Arial can be tolerable sometimes. I have my period loving Verdana, but not so much anymore.

I smell my food before I eat, and I like touching the little bottom part behind my ear. I always put one of my leg up in the elevator. And having meal in the livingroom with the TV on is the most underrated pleasure ever.

So I'm sure you have your own quirks too. Join in the odd wagon, but do it with pride!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahahahaha...!

I bet you had meant to type "escalator", but it is SO MUCH FUNNIER this way!

Hahahahahahahaha...!

t e e n a said...

Honest innocent mistake! I'm only a mortal afterall, even though sometimes I seem above it! =D