Monday 25 August 2008

Briefly

I don't think dreams mean a thing. I would laugh in the face of dream interpretation handbooks, not because I'm bitter and cynic, but because I do think it's a bunch of nonsense.

Remember, almost a year ago, a day after the day, people came up to me and asked whether I dreamt about you. I didn't, and they went on talking about how they had dreams about you, so vividly and elaborate. It used to make me feel shitty, they had no right! Who were these people, why were they seeing you and I wasn't?

I found myself getting angry at them but I didn't care. They probably just made everything up for god-knows-what reason. Truth is, I was mad at myself. Dissapointed. I was convinced it was my fault, somehow.

Somewhere along the line, I had a dream or two about you. They left me feeling sad, but if it's the only way that I could see you, or even just remember the feeling of being with you, then I guess I wouldn't mind, I would believe whatever I should believe just for that purpose. Suddenly the concept of nonsense seemed like it could really mean something.

Some nights ago I had another dream. You, me and sis. We were on a mall, and sis was looking for a pair of shoes. She got in a store and started trying on while we were standing there, looking.

You then asked me to accompany you buy finger food at a nearby store. You were craving for curry-puff. Not just any curry-puff, but the best one, Macik's. It was our favorite, comfort food from back home. You knew you're home when there's Macik's curry-puffs on the table.

I circled my arms around yours, I always did that, and you used to complain because my ring would constantly scratch your arm and it hurt. Of course, I would only laugh and say sorry, but keep doing it anyway.

I swear it seemed really real. Your presence, your voice, and your smell. Even for only some minutes under consciousness I swear I saw you. Like no time has passed, like nothing has changed.

I was overwhelmed by sadness when I woke up. Or maybe I should have been grateful. See, I spent some minutes with you. I'm sure we talked, although I can't remember what about now.

Has it really been that long? The date in the calendar says so, although it doesn't feel like it at all. Next September and it will have been a year.

A year? 365 days? No way. If it's a joke, it's not funny.

See, I promise I will be less skeptic. I won't mock Dream Dictionary : An A to Z Guide to Understanding Your Unconscious Mind anymore. I swear.

Just, don't leave. I really miss you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So do I, Sis. So do I.