Wednesday 13 August 2008

Rants and Pies

[imagine myself saying it]

Hey people! What's up? What's new? Where'd you go? What'cha doing? Well, I'm just gonna rant for a bit here, it's 5 pm on a Wednesday evening and oh my gosh, there really isn't anything else on tv besides the Olympics! Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the spirit, go-team! High-five! Viva team Singapore and all that! But what happened to my daily dose of Ellen, or Tyra (since they replaced it a while ago), or should I say Oprah just to sound less bimbotic? Or my Entertainment Tonight to keep up with my celebrity gossip news? Now everyday it's volleyball, swimming, badminton, table tennis, I mean, why can't they put one special channel for that, so fanatics can see it 24/7 for all I care, but for the rest of us, commoners, we still want our daily fix of talk shows and juicy dramas, don't we?

In a totally unrelated news, I've been slacking big time! I have this assignment I should start working on, but I'm still yet too dilligent to make the first move, you know, start opening microsoft word and stuff? Instead, I've been seeing Gilmore Girls again on the net and some episodes of The O.C. earlier today, like, so totally unproductive. I promise I will start soon enough, though, yes, but don't hold me accountable, after all, 'soon' is subjective, ha!

What else, what else. Planning to hit the stage tonight [stage=restaurant/coffee place/bar/club/hawker/whatever else we're in the mood for], so mistery mistery! [yeah, right, like anyone cares]. But hey, yesterday I finally saw The Mummy. If this was a train, I must have been at the last compartment, or perhaps I would have been the one running after it, since I was so late, SO late catching it. Everyone else has seen the movie like, since prehistoric times, and only yesterday I managed to join in the fun. So yes, the review wasn't that good, but still, I don't wanna be the one everyone refers to as 'the girl who hasn't seen The Mummy'! 'Cos that would just downgrade me to the lowest of the food chain.

So when G texted me and asked me out for a movie, eventhough it was cloudy outside and the thunder was loud enough to scare all living things away, I couldn't say no. God knows it probably was my last chance to not be 'that girl'.

Verdict? Well, yes, so the story was a complete wuss. But it was entertaining! And very funny in some parts, like the cow which was in the plane? God, I was like, 'what the hell is that cow doing in the plane?' Eh, was it even cow? Whatever, but then I just started laughing and so G started laughing too and we were hysterical. Ah, and the part when General Ming and his troops were awakened? GOD! They were skinny as hell! I mean, okay, they were skeletons so they were supposed to be skinny, but it was funny as crap! It's like soldiers who haven't been fed for months! It's not even cool anymore, and plus, some of their body parts were missing! And they were running to battle with half a hand, skinny somemore, and it was just hilarious! At least Jet Li's troops were still cool-ish. The Ethiopian soldiers with various body parts missing? Not so much. But it makes good funny stuff, like I said, it's not that bad.


So! You've probably seen the pictures already, yeah, I went to see Disney on Ice last weekend and it was my second time seeing it, the first being Finding Nemo and now it's High School Musical. Plus side is I knew all the songs by heart so it was so much fun singing along and kinda dancing in my seat, so maybe I'm just biased cos I think they didn't really tell the story that good. It was just so brief, and well, realize that this is a musical, so perhaps they did just focus on the songs.

But nevertheless, it was a lot of fun and the turnout was impressive too, seems like every seat was taken and by second half everyone was in the hype, screaming and singing along. It was great, so were other things I did that night. Again, you probably have seen all the pictures.


So pretty much I've just been leisuring around, but that's not all I do! I have an interview next week to prove it, ha! Although, it has been a while and I fear I'm getting rusty. So I don't wanna have too much expectation.

Oh, sod it! I have such high expectation I would mope around for days if I don't get it!

Nah, kidding.

---------------------------

2.48 am

Just got back from Velvet, Zouk! It was just me and babe, but it still was such a lot of fun! I mean, two is all we need, right? And I'm writing this now, feeling kinda lightheaded, and I know I should be sleeping soon! Tutorial, yes, there is tutorial tomorrow! I need to sleep! NOW!

So, I will post the pictures from tonight pretty soon, and hope you guys all have a good day too. I haven't reached my quota yet of being bimbotic, right? I should have at least 10 more bimbotic posts!

I'm starting to see double now! Sleep sleep sleep, I need sleep! Good night , people!

No comments: