Tuesday 19 August 2008

"Project: Writing" underway!

Well, so I was on the chat with [caud], and he was complaining about the numerous things he wanted to do, but hasn't gotten around to actually putting words into action. [boy, don't I know it.] Learning spanish and chinese was one, [or two], and at the time we were actually thinking of learning it together. [Chinese, not spanish! Que pasa?] Already picked up a book, even.

Well, add that up to the list of 'my unaccomplished plans'! Tell you, that list is getting way too long!

As pathetic as it might sound, we decided that learning another foreign language may not be as easy as we initially hoped for [yeah, we were young and naive then.] We simply lack the motivation and commitment. Ha! I know that's my problem!

So moving along from the mission impossible, we tried to come up with a more realistic plan, one which we can actually do, for starters. "I really need to start writing again," he mentioned casually during our last conversation.

And that's it! Writing! I mean, it's not much hassle, it doesn't require a text book and it's actually enjoyable! Besides, 'writing more' has been on top of my to-do list since I thought more seriously about becoming a writer. Which must have been a few years now. Unfortunately, aside from filling up this blog with insignificant craps of my daily mundane life, I haven't been honing my writing skill much. [wrote a few short stories here and there but they were still left unfinished.]

So it's nothing fancy, this plan hopefully would fuel our motivation to write more, and with different topics regularly. He wants to start literaturing again [I'm pretty sure that word doesn't exist], and I need to un-laze myself [that, too], so it seemed equally beneficial for the both of us. We'll set up a domain where both of us can easily submit our writings every week, and we get to read, comment, mock, bitch and pity each other's essays. [Kidding, we're civilised people.]

As for the topics, we may decide on it together, or maybe we'll take alternate turn choosing it. Either way, we'll have different topics every week and we can't miss the deadline, otherwise some heads will roll. No! We'll keep counts for the appropriate punishment! Not like we intend to slack! We're commited!

We'll start this project soon, 'cos he's in the process of moving out so we'll wait 'til he gets settled in his new place and everything. I'll give some updates on this and you're much welcomed to be a part of it! Afterall, sharing is good, right? :)

---------------------

On my last interview, I was asked whether I've written something from another person's shoes. The question startled me, but what's even more unnerving is the fact that I suddenly realized that no, I have not. At least, not entirely. It's not that I'm way too self-centered, but I don't know, just like Ethan Hawke said in Before Sunset, "Isn't everything autobiographical?"

I found that there is always a part of you in every writing, no matter how fictional the 'story' is. Or maybe I haven't been putting myself out there enough, you know?

No comments: