Monday 9 June 2008

Breakaway eventually

These past few days I've been working my ass off on my assignment ('working my ass off' doesn't necessarily mean 'studying non-stop', but rather 'sitting on my ass and half the time getting distracted by facebook, multiply and writing stupid insignificant blog') and I'm roughly done with one assignment and currently doing the second one now. But, I don't wanna get into too much details on that, although otherwise I have nothing much to talk about since that's all I've been doing lately.

Actually something brought me to a realization today: that I hate a person sticking his nose in other people's business. Unfortunately, I'm surrounded by the kinds like it, and there's no way I could get rid of it, it's just right there, making me sick. I wish I could just detach myself and never have to deal with it again.

It just makes me feel even more grateful for him, just for being on my side. My former teammate is no longer here, and it sucks big time giving ex-partner up to an asshole, but I don't feel truly alone because of him and he stands by me everytime. It's a nice feeling, you know?

I've always been sheltered and maybe the reason why I'm not mature enough yet is because I haven't had the chance to. But it's my own fault to begin with because I don't give people enough reason to trust me, perhaps, and god knows I've made mistakes. At the same time, when will I ever change, right? If you ask me some years ago, I would probably still tell you that I wouldn't have minded living here, just content and completely okay being inside the box, inside my own comfort zone and never truly be independent in true sense of the word.

Somewhere along the line I changed my vision. Perhaps I've mentioned it a few entries back. I feel like venturing out. I wanna live somewhere else, see new things and do other things. I wanna be able to stand up for myself and prove everyone wrong. It's not that I wanna get away from these people, that's beside the point, but it would be interesting to try being on my own and, gosh, it would be such a cliche if I say, 'finding myself', right? I don't know, for once, the idea doesn't seem impossible, I feel like I can if only I want to. And why can't I?

I know we don't live for ourselves, but maybe sometimes there are things you just gotta do for yourself.

Again, I'm talking in jumbled topics. I better sleep now, tutorial's on tomorrow morning and potluck for dinner with the girls and I'm making soup! *looking impressed*.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I'm off here, just wave me away as being sleepy and overworked. Your call.

First of all, sticking noses in other people's business is the job description of family, put roughly. I don't think you can call someone family unless he/she sticks his/her nose into your business. And while you make being surrounded by such sound so awful, think again if you would rather have no one care about your business.

What does being on someone's side mean to you? Agree with the person unconditionally and tell him/her that (s)he is right and smart and wise and beautiful regardless what others think about him/her? That everyone who makes his/her life difficult and challenging, that the people who see more than what (s)he sees in herself are the enemy? How long does it take for anyone to be considered as always being on your side? A few months? A year? A lifetime?

And yeah, there are things you gotta do for yourself. Things like being responsible. Earning your living. Overcoming an addiction. Maybe there are other things you could think of. I just hope when you're done with your list, when you're done combing foreign cities and surrounding yourself with strangers who you easily believe are your true friends, strangers who fascinate you with their novelty charm and exotic habits, you still have something or someone familiar to fall back on. Because it gets tiring, that adventure.

And contrary to what you think, people grow mature all around the world without people-defying acts. You can learn to be a father or a mother at the right time, by choice, and you don't have to be caught in an unexpected pregnancy. I guess what I'm saying is, saying you won't change now because you don't have to, because the life you have now doesn't change, that's silly. Some people learn by making mistakes, but making mistakes you don't have to make to learn is just... that. Silly.