Friday 20 June 2008

One Love, for ourselves

Convince me to please you, Made me think that I need this too, I'm trying to let you hear me as I am, I'm not gonna write you a love song 'cause you asked for it, 'cause you need one..

Am serenaded by Sara Bareilles' Love Song, I love this since I heard it the first time on MTV...

Perhaps I've learnt too, that you can't force love, if it's there then it's there. I used to think feelings could grow, or at least, repulsiveness could turn into neutrality, or tolerable could become...fondness. Surely it works on a certain level, just like time could help the wound heal, but when it comes to the matter of heart?

When I was younger I forced myself into a relationship because I wanted to try how it feels like, now even anyone could tell me straight in the face that it wasn't the right reason but you know, I was young, and he was even younger...What could be better, right?

I think when you get to the point where you don't need to be in love, then you could be in love. You have to just be OK with yourself-and that's a long process.

Perfectly put by Mr. Cusack himself.

It's just not right to be with someone just for the sake of being with someone and just because you're afraid to be alone. The most important thing is you ought to be okay with yourself first.

It's about not minding being on your own when you simply haven't found someone who thinks you scrunching your nose is cute. It's about willingness to say 'no' even when he wants you to say 'yes'. It's about you still being yourself even when every label says 'youandhim'. It's about standing up for yourself when you believe it.

No comments: