Friday 6 June 2008

Bloody Essay, Bloody Friend

I swear it's the most painful six-pages essay I have ever written, and not to mention, the hardest. These past few days you know I've been struggling hard with it, and by the look of it, you might think that I had to write a presidential speech or something just from reading how difficult and painfully slow my progress has been. So yeah, yeah, you can roll your eyeballs now because no, it's not a presidential speech, and no, it's not a hundred pages.

Truth be told? I'm supposed to just write a 6-8 pages essay on 9/11 and american character. I bet you people are laughing now. I could ramble on and on when I was writing my philosophy assignment and reached 27 pages-mark even when the requirement was only 10-15 pages (to be fair, I didn't know that), and I barely made it to six pages now?!

Don't tell me I've lost my writing ability 'cos I would cry, literally. But it's kinda depressing to know. I'm not just the most unpolitical person ever, but apparently also not very versatile because it boils down to apart from writing about myself, I can't write about anything else. (Yes, how self-centered is that?) Personally, I'm not even interested in reading about myself, let alone you. Can you just hand me that apron and spare me the misery of struggling and trying to reach my dream blah blah.

Okay, that is even more depressing. But, well, I intend to finish the essay today, yes people, today! As in, in the next 6 hours (seeing it's already 6.30 pm now..I don't have much time, do I? You know, minus the time for dinner, tv break, blogging time, etc, etc..) Yes, I'm determined! I can do it, I can do it! I've survived the humiliation of grabbing a stranger's hand before, I definitely certainly can handle a 6-8 pages essay on american politics! Of course I can!

On the note that is so totally unrelated to what I've been ranting about in the last five minutes, it's just a picture from last Wednesday night.

I think I deserved a big ol' drink after rotting at home in front of my laptop trying to compose a decent sentence with the word 'iraq' and 'weapon of mass destruction' and 'bush' without sounding way too awkward. Talk about being a fish out of water. I'm the fish. The water's whatever insignificant topics I usually write about. You get the picture.

Anyway, something irritating happened today and let me just give you an update on that. Basically, a friend of mine that I have known for...I don't know, 2 years? I haven't seen him in the longest time and weeks ago I texted him, not knowing anything about the new things in his life, and he replied me saying he had a girlfriend already and that I shouldn't text him again because his girlfriend doesn't like the idea. I was like, HELLO? I was responding to HIS message on friendster?! Besides, what did I say? Did I propose? Did I confess my love? I mean, for goodness' sake. I asked him what's up and his girlfriend went all paranoid as if I was interested to wreck their holy relationship. Please. So I did what everyone else would. I sent one final pissed-off message and decided to erase him from my life, forever. Someone like that is just not worth your friendship.

He texted me a few days ago which I ignored, of course. And this morning he sent another. Feeling rather generous I replied back with the sharpest sarcasm there was in me. Yes, that was me being generous. I still replied, didn't I? And know what's truly upsetting? He sent me another reply telling me his girlfriend was the one sending me a message weeks ago, and that he still wanted to keep in touch with me because...well, this is the best part. Not because he still thought of me as a friend. Wait, not because he realized friendship was more important than relationship. Nope. Guess why?! Guess! I dare you!

Because "my girlfriend and I are having cold war". QUOTED. His words, not mine. COLD WAR?! COLD WAR??!!!! What the hell?! You've been seeing too much documentary film, you think? And that was the reason why you suddenly wanted to BE MY FRIEND again?!

Well, fuck you.

You know what, I can't believe I'm even talking about this. I feel sorry for both of them, maybe they deserve each other afterall. For all I care, I don't even wanna know.

Eric's going to Beijing today, by the way. Lucky bastard. Of course I'm saying it with deepest affection. The guy's playing football over there, he looks harmless and all but he's the most athletic person I know. Football, rugby, hiking, I don't know where he gets all that energy from. If I hike, I would faint, like, seriously. But believe it or not, I've hiked before, not here obviously, but back in Jakarta, my family would go to those tea-walk events with the church, okay, they called it 'tea walk' not 'hiking' but what's the difference, right? Plus if we had an outing with school, we would always hike. But I can honestly say it was fun hiking with the school program because we were doing it in groups and the guys would walk right in the front and in the back to sort of look after the girls as the route could be pretty sloppy and dangerous. Ah, fun times. Those teenage crush and hormones.

Are we still talking about hiking here? Not quite sure.

No comments: