Tuesday 29 April 2008

Sick

I can't possibly fall sick in a worse timing. Although, okay, when is the better time to be sick? Well, when is a good time, ever, to get sick? None whatsoever, but at least, if I really have to, can't I just have it on a boring weekend when I have no plan anyway? Guess that'd be too much to ask, eh?

This morning I woke up feeling like shit. No, don't take it literally, I'm not suffering from diarrhea or anything. Actually I've been feeling unwell since yesterday night, and maybe I shouldn't have slept too late when I already felt like I wasn't in my peak moments, but that happened, so no use in scolding myself now. So, this morning I had a terrible sore throat, and it's painful to swallow, and my nose was blocked you could stick a dead rat in front of me and I wouldn't have smelt anything although maybe that would be because I would have fainted first upon seeing the rat, but that's not the point.

Because of the sore throat too, my voice sounds so different now. I wish I could tell you that it becomes all sultry and sexy and throaty, but all I could say is, I sound like a failing rocker. A terrible, terrible rocker. Imagine me, being bass. Okay, that's a man's vocal timbre, but I was just trying to paint you a picture. That's how awful I sound.

Please do yourself a favor. Don't imagine it. I'm not quite ready to be responsible for someone else's turning senile.

So anyway. I wasn't feeling well enough to go to the office and I spent most of the day in bed. Well, thanks for your concern, I practically can see your furrowed brows and concerned eyes *sarcastic*. But tomorrow I have no choice but to go to work in whatever condition because it'll be my last day and I'll get paid! I feel bad enough not working today, and maybe I shouldn't have felt so guilty but I just couldn't help it.

Just thought I wrote a line or two. But Thursday is drawing near and I can feel that it's going to be an awesome weekend for me :) So I hope I get better, STAT!

No comments: