Thursday 18 October 2007

Sucker for wordcrafters

I have a thing for writers. Major, utter admiration and new-found respect for all writers out there. Okay, so my dream has always been to be a writer so call me biased. After all, a person is not a person if not possessing good judgement. I think it's wonderful enough that someone can write, but I gotta give it more to those who although already have enough supervicial qualities (looks, wealth, fame), still refuse to settle with just that.

John Cusack, Ethan Hawke and Steve Martin, just to mention a few. I think these people are just amazing. Do you even know that aside from acting, directing, and swimming with money, (I imagine their bed to be crafted by gold, their spoons are made from real elephant trunks, their plates from purest silver, I am dramatic) they also write books and movie screenplays? I am such a sucker for writers, end of story.

I think I'd die of happiness if one day I would be able to write for my living. Just the image of seeing my name printed out in a publication is almost making me lightheaded and dizzy with pride. Okay, I'm totally drooling. Snap out of it!

So. Yesterday was the last day of my philosophy class and that's it, no more Aristotle, Antigone, Creon, Oedypus, Socrates, Plato, no more 'theory of pleasure', 'terror of history', 'realist thesis', 'utilitarianism', no more 'how can you tell for certain that what you see is real', no more 'what if the evil demon is deceiving us' ! Finally I'm back to the superficial life.

Things have been pretty mundane in my life. Two days ago I had sushi buffet (which I had to skip half of the class for, because I was literally incapable of digressing words, the image of sushi just kept dancing in my eyes and I couldn't take it anymore, I had, and I mean, I had to leave. The circumstances left me with no choice but to pursue this craving, oh I smell a drama-queen alert?!)

I don't have much of a break, though, cos tomorrow is another exam, different subject, but exam, nevertheless. Fortunately the material isn't that difficult, the only thing I gotta learn is the rules in writing in APA styles, you know, how to state the right numerals, titles, places, abbreviation, all sorts of technical things. I suppose it shouldn't be too hard.

Okay, before I go, look what I just found in my friend's friendster!



This is like..I don't know, a million, no, zillion years ago????!! Okay, I'm exaggerating, I think it's just one and a half year ago but it felt like forever! I looked so different, terrible, almost. I really miss them.

No comments: