Saturday 6 October 2007

Great

Is it just me or Singapore is really hot nowadays? I thought Jakarta is hotter but apparently, Singapore's catching up really fast! Okay, so I might be here for one day only so my 'nowadays' is probably questionable but before you start throwing sharp objects at me, on my defense, I could say that because I was informed by a very trustworthy witness who had no reason to testify deceiving and misleading facts, mostly because she was under oath.

So! Yes. Singapore is very hot. And that's that. I don't suppose there's anything else I can say on that matter? So why did I go on and spend one precious paragraph discussing it? Because I just love confusing you? Duh?

Well, I was out the entire day, sort of. I was suprised I woke up at 9 this morning which is really early for my standard but then again, I'm a changed woman. And, not only that, I went out by myself! And did grocery shopping! In real supermarket! Ooookay. First of all, I'm not the type of person who likes going out alone because I just need someone who can watch me making a complete fool out of myself, or at least, just appear interested at everything I have to say. And secondly, usually if I want to buy home-supplies, I just go to the nearest market or Fair Price Express right next to my building. You can say I don't really go to a proper supermarket when I'm alone. I do that a lot with my sister, of course. But she's not here, is she? This afternoon, I was overwhelmed by such domestic urge and so I went and took a cart and grocery-shopped! I told you I'm a changed woman! And don't give me that look!

In the end my grocery-shopping adventure resulted in a package of milk bread, one doritos, five red delicious apples (it's really the name of the apple in case you think I'm jobles enough to bother making up names for apples!), one big bottle of ice green tea drink and one smaller bottle of sugar cane drink. Hey! Who says I want to buy things enough to stock an entire population of Nigeria?!

I also bought soft-lens solution and make-up remover and JollyBean (I love jollybeans!). Oh, I haven't told you that I had my eyes checked like, two weeks ago back home and my minus increased to an unbearable, too-painful-to-admit degree! I am so going to end up with glasses like Clark Kent when I'm old. Read: big, thick, awkward, unglamorous and boring. Geez, suddenly being a grown woman is not very appealing anymore.

Anyway, in the evening I met up with my friends at town and it was great to see them again. I miss being around friends and feel like I'm part of something. Not that I don't feel like I'm part of family. But you know what I mean, right? Took a few pictures, will put them here soon. We went to Paragon and Taka and got into those expensive stores while wishing we will be swapped away by Prince William. Kidding;) Had dinner at Ichiban Boshi at Wisma Atria and got home at 11.

I really need to start my assignment. I'm thinking tomorrow if no tempations are blocking my way. I'm in the middle of reading 'The Time Traveller's Wife' and it was very, very good and romantic so far. Romantic in a non-cheesy way. I'm mentally kicking myself for not reading it sooner when the book has been there for years, sitting and rotting in the drawer. Automatically remember the movie Before Sunset too as it was also extremely beautiful and heartbreakingly sad in a non-bursting-into-tears way, but could leave you gloomy and sad for hours because after seeing it, you got to think that life is so cruel and here they are, two people, clearly love each other and connect in a way they have never known before, just from spending a day together and they met again nine years later and they spent an evening together with the same chemistry and intense longing for each other just by talking but they can never be together because the guy is married and the girl has boyfriend but they are never truly happy and complete because meeting each other nine years ago has triggered something inside them that just can't be replaced by anyone else so they still have to live and move on with life, forcing themselves to love other people but they just can never be the same and they can't be happy. It's very, very sad. And the movie is only the two of them talking. About anything and everything, but you can feel the intense connection and chemistry between them although what they talked about are random. They only met two times but yet, it's crystal clear that they are soulmates. Oh gosh, it's just really good, I can never write enough justice for the movie so you have to see it for yourself. Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy are amazing in this. Before Sunset is actually the second movie, taking place nine years after they met for the first time. How they met and how they spent one day together is in the first movie, Before Sunrise, and I haven't seen that one. Really want to see it.



Gosh, I've been rambling about a movie and I don't even realize it. Sorry, folks. But bear with me for a few more seconds. I also listened to the whole album of Lily Allen's Alright, Still and it was brilliant. I love all her songs and the lyrics are fresh and funny and new.

Okay, okay, that's all for now. Good night everyone, don't let the bed bugs bite.

No comments: