Tuesday 16 October 2007

My day is so dull it never fails to give me materials to blog about.

I've been exhausted all weekend! And I would tell you why, except that I don't think I should. See, I've been studying really hard. Okay, let me just tell you that my test, in case you failed to remember, was today. This afternoon, that is, now it's almost two in the morning. Well, just to get straight to the point - which is the test itself, not the studying process because it would be extremely boring and bear no importance to you whatsoever, I'm sure you would still be dateless even if I had been studying or not, so why would you care, correct? Ha, I'm kidding, of course. Anyway, at the very least I managed to borrow a book about Aristotle, which although, wasn't exactly the right textbook, was close enough, I mean, they are all about Aristotle, how different can they be? Right? Probably it was the smartest move on my side, thou, because see, the required textbook itself is so thick you'd have headache just looking at it, let alone reading it. I'm telling you this, I wouldn't be here if I have read the entire contents of that book! I'd be somewhere in the autistic school or something. At least the book I borrowed from the library was thin. Anorexic-book, I called it. It was so thin it actually was titled 'a very short introduction on Aristotle'. Seriously. A very short. Ah yeah, I've noticed. But like I said, it was all good, I'm not exactly phych to find out details about the guy anyway, such as his favorite fast food or his childhood crush. So, I'm perfectly fine with the very short introduction part. Ah, and when it came to the test itself, the book has proven to be very helpful cos it already presented summary of his theory, so all I gotta do was read the chapter about it, and bullshitted my way out of the paper. No, I mean, wrote it, mind you. After the test ended, or rather, after I managed to generate magically 2 full-writen papers, I just found out that the test actually accounted for twenty five percents of our final mark.

Oh holy cow. Maybe I should've not depended my life on that anorexic book!

Long story short, I think it wasn't my proudest accomplishment. Tomorrow we're supposed to be given back the paper, fully graded, and well, let's just say that I'm not exactly beaming with confidence.

After the dreaded paper, we still studied for another hour or so, learning about the realist theory or something like that. Hey, I'm pretty sure it was that! I was in the class, okay! Sure, I might have been daydreaming a little bit, but I assure you, I was still listening. I guess. I must have been. I should have been. Right? Well, this particular theory is somewhat a bit confusing too because it deals with the concept of reality - what is reality, actually? Is it made up by our subjective experiences? If yes, then what is the real reality? How can we be certain of our own knowledge? How do we know, that what we think, is real? How do we even know, that we're living this world and experiencing these things for real? Not just some sort of life-projector someone out there is pulling on us?

I mean, I have troubles enough dealing with things that I know, I don't think I want to even wonder about the things that I have no knowledge on, let alone those that I have never thought before. Funny, but I guess philosophy does that to you - makes you question things you are never aware of. Suddenly we are given these topics and we are expected to give our opinions on the matter where we needed time just to process the theory or the question because we never know that theory existed and furthermore, we simply must know our own view in regards to that. I can be a deep thinker sometimes too, but I just don't question such things!

The class ended, and I met with my good old friend at Vivo. We ended up watching The Nanny's Diary, and although the story was pleasantly flowing, I couldn't exactly comment it as special. I like Scarlett Johansson in it, though. I think she is a really great versatile actress who can make even unlikely character work. And of course, you won't hear me complaining about Chris Evans either. His hotness is universally acclaimed, I guess.

The interesting thing happened on the way home. Well, because the movie ended at 11.30, we had just enough time to catch the bus back. My friend stayed in Clementi so we hopped in the same bus together and I figured once I got to Clementi, I could easily take another bus back home or easier, just taxi, since it wouldn't be too far anyway. So yeah, at around 12 plus we alighted at Clementi, not at the interchange, though. Upon after taking a look at the directory board, I saw that there was still one bus that would be going to my direction, Chinese Garden. Confidently I got in there even though I had no idea in which part of Chinese Garden it would stop, I just merely assumed it would be very near to my place. After all, how far can two places be in the same area?!

How naive I must have been. My adventurous-evil-twin must have kicked in the wrong time and wrong place because, well, no, scratch that. I don't even have an adventurous evil twin because I bloody suck at direction! And who was I, what was I thinking, to practice my directionally-challenged state at 12.30 in the morning when it was dark and quiet and when I was totally and utterly...alone?!! So, after asking the bus driver, I alighted at the dark street and just walked totally blinded to the light...no, I mean, walked to an alley the driver pointed me to go. I walked, and walked, and I tried to see my surroundings, to recognize anything familiar at all, but everything just looked foreign. I walked some more minutes only to realize that one way lead to a closed road, and the other to...well, I'm not sure, actually, but it was just long narrow dark empty street, and I was pretty sure it wasn't the right way home. While cursing myself silently, finally I surrendered and walked back to the main street in which I shamefully hailed a cab. And it took me straight to the front of my lift.

*Saying this by throwing a tantrum at myself* I mean, why didn't I just take a cab in the first place?!!!!! When I was walking, I encountered a woman who came up to me and said something in chinese to which, I gave a complete blank look. She repeated the question some more times, but the problem was not that I didn't hear it well enough, it's just I do not understand chinese, okay! Even if you repeat it over and over again until your mouth is soapy and full of bubbles, I still wouldn't be able to respond! The weird thing was, she was with an Indian guy, and when the woman asked me the question in chinese, I looked up to the guy and gave him this troubled look saying 'help me here, man, what is she saying?' I mean, okay, he is Indian and he probably does not speak chinese as well, but at least he was with her!!!! But the guy shrugged and shook his head, signaling that he, too, did not understand what the girl said, so in the end I walked away but then I thought to myself, if the girl only speaks chinese and the guy, say, only speaks english, then HOW THE HELL DID THOSE TWO KNOW EACH OTHER?!! The world never ceased to amaze me, sometimes.

In the taxi, too, suddenly the uncle asked, 'You just went fishing, is it????' Huh?! Fishing? Let me paint you a picture. Me, a young clueless girl wearing a T-Shirt and a skirt, clutching Mango and Gap shopping bags, with a bag on my shoulder. And sure, doesn't that just scream FISHING????????

Of course, what else have I been doing if not fishing???? Obvious question, right????

Okay, that about sums up the whole day. It's almost 3 now and I should really get some sleep if I want to look at least 2 years younger than I actually am. Ha!

No comments: