Thursday 23 October 2008

Rain

Today it rained like never before. It was so hard it created pool of water along the street after just a few minutes. I was shivering as I walked home, protected by umbrella but not from the cold. My shirt and pants were wet but I didn't care, the only thing I wanted was to be safely tucked inside my warm, comfy place.

Maybe it's the rain, maybe it was me pacing fast in the rain, maybe it was being soaked and drenched in cold, but it felt just like that time.

We were coming home, her from another round of radiation. The two of us were already in the apartment complex, but there was still quite a distance to walk to the tower. Suddenly it started to rain, it just rained like mad. It was the crazy kind of rain which each drop was like this bucketful of hard water.

We were definitely stucked, I didn't bring umbrella, and so we waited, but there wasn't any sign it was going to stop soon, and we started shivering just being there and doing nothing. The wind was blowing like nobody's business, I have never been in the rain that hard. So she said we should just run.

And run we did. As fast as our tiny little legs could allow us to run. I arrived in front of the lift first, naturally, and when I looked back, my heart gave a loud pang. She was running, her body was soaked wet, and she has never looked so small before.

Both of us were dripping water, we might as well have just plunged ourselves into the pool. "Go take a bath now, or you'll catch a cold," was the first thing she said.

How could she have been so strong, I wonder.

No comments: