Sunday 12 October 2008

Home?

Something got me thinking.

One of my favorite blogger just moved to LA and he has been writing about hating every minute of it.

A friend of mine, too, just recently moved to the west coast and he admitted of missing Boston tremendously, thus coming up with a decision to be a celibate and focusing on his work for the time being.

Another friend is just so sick of being where he is right now, that he's just counting down the days 'til he can get the fuck outta there.

Even a random person whom I talked to recently said that despite enjoying his life here in Singapore, he still considered his earlier years back home to be one of his best times.

And I've been hearing too many songs about home I can make a list out of it.

It's funny, but I can never quite paint a picture of me living back home again.

I mean, it's still home, of course, and as people say, there's no place like home. I would always miss home as a place of my childhood, a symbol of simpler and younger years, and a place filled with memories. I'm always looking forward to every chance I can fly back and meet everyone. When you're back home, you're home. It's like, ceasing your worries and pausing life for a moment.

But, I can't see myself living back home again for pausing one's life can only go so far and worries will just catch up eventually. I love going home, but I know it's only for temporary.

I wonder why that is, and I wonder whether this resolution somehow makes me seem like a bad person.

Living here has been too comfortable, too convenient. I almost feel as if I'm spoilt. I can't imagine being some place where I'm unable to just go out and stroll along the street on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

“I think we all want either, home, or a place like home. Because we are raised in our home, we become like home, as home is like us.”

Yes, a place like home. What's home anyway? Somewhere where you feel most comfortable in? A place where all your loved ones are in? Your childhood playground? Where you were born? What about, somewhere you wanna be?

Can one person have many homes?

No comments: