Friday 4 July 2008

I Stole From The Less Fortunate...

I feel like I'm back to stage 1. You know, the bumming days? Since the beginning of this year I've been actually making money, believe it or not. Or at least trying to, and I know, I know, if you refer back to my earlier entries, you would hear me complain every bloody day because of it. ("Why am I doing this to myself? Why?!") And now, here I am, exactly out of the so-called-misery that is working life, and what am I doing again? Complaining. Right. I should put that on my resume under 'hobbies and interests': complaining. Or maybe whining sounds better?

I'm officially pathetic. My class won't be 'til another two weeks, so now I'm pretty much...doing what? Well, let's see..Watching movies, having karaoke, eating out, notice a similarity there? Yep, those can be categorized into: spending money. I'm telling you, spending money feels good but it makes you feel guilty afterwards. Especially after you check your balance up in the ATM. I'm trying to minimize that, and you know usually when you withdraw money, the screen will show your balance whether you ask for it or not? Well, UOB doesn't do that, so I can avoid all the thrilling suspense. It's the way to go for cowards such as myself.

But okay, speaking of which, I just saw Hancock yesterday, and to me, it was...dissapointing. The beginning and near the end were fine, but the middle..just didn't make any sense. It did, but well, it just seemed a bit forced. "I can't believe I'm actually bored," I whispered to my friend beside me, and she just chuckled. Was that a 'yeah, me too' or a 'oh, shut up, you whiner', I don't know.

But perhaps today promised a better outcome from the look of it. I went out to get some food this afternoon and it should have cost me two dollars and eighty cents (yes, everyone! Come to Jurong, the food here is cheap! I'm a cheapo!), and I gave the seller a ten dollar note. She came back, handed me $12,80, and left to serve another customer.

Now bear in mind this happened in a matter of seconds and I still stood there, waiting for someone to yell 'cut!' or something, but noone with a big lighting bulb or a giant camera set showed up. But just in case, I stayed for another few seconds while the angel and devil kept whispering on both my ears, and then I left.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I left. I'm a shameless thief. Some two-dollars-thief, but thief nevertheless. That is even more pathetic! If I were to be a thief, I wanna steal something really big and expensive and impressive, and certainly not a 2-dollars-worth-of-chinese-food!

On second thought, no, today isn't any better! I'm still a bummer! A bummer who happened to be a thief, somemore!

No comments: