Sunday 20 July 2008

24, Night Festival, Summer Rain, The Dark Knight

Yeay! So finally I finished seeing the whole 5th season of 24 and it's so damn addictive! I have to say this season is way better than season 3. The first two seasons are the best (despite having Kim Bauer character whom I hate so much - a heroic show-off girl who always ends up making things a lot more complicated than it has to, remember season 2 where she 'threatened' to report Chloe for bringing the baby to work without consent when earlier she herself 'kidnapped' a little girl from her abusive father? I just wanted to strangle her and her perky breasts right there and then!)


24 - Promo for the 5th season (love this image!)

Jack once again is the coolest agent ever! I so love Kiefer Sutherland in this! Now in this season the storyline revolves around the assassination of the former president Palmer and the threat of nerve gas and nuclear weapon in the U.S. and the government conspiracy having the current President being responsible for most of these events. Tony Almeida, one of my favorite character died, sadly, and Kim appeared in two episodes (still annoying as ever). CTU, too, remains fierce and I have to say I quite like Kim Raver character, who plays Jack's love interest since the previous season. Bill and Curtis are still as likeable as ever and Chloe, despite her rude and snappy attitudes, is still the one who saves the day from behind the scenes.

Season 6 has wrapped, and season 7 is in production, but many say the 6th season isn't that good (damn you spoilers!), but I'm still gonna see it anyway, even if it's only because of Jack. Am excited!

So last weekend the gang met up to catch the Singapore Night Festival and it was fun! The turnout was huge and it's a change of scene to have events outdoor in the park with that many people. At first I couldn't stop perspiring but then it rained for a little bit and then everything was great.

I couldn't take that many good pictures, though, cos the performances included acrobats in mid-air, floating spheres, and fire and water dancing which made it hard to capture, especially when your camera is amateurish like mine, and when you have absolutely no idea about ISO blah blah, and whatever else there is. So many photographers with impressive gigantic Canon/Nikon cameras were present, happily snapping away, oblivious to people like me who had to give my camera to my cousin since he's the tall one.

We left at 11ish and decided to see 'Summer Rain' in the Picture House afterwards. Bad Habits won't be coming out til next week so this would have to do. G almost fell asleep during the movie since drama isn't his cup of tea to begin with, but the story was confusing at first, even to me, and the dialogue was way too poetic, and only after some half hour in the movie that we began to understand and were able to follow it. It actually is a pretty good one; different and interesting, tragic and heartfelt. (and Felix Gomez is damn hot in here, he looked just like Shia Labeouf from certain angle.)

See?

Summer Rain is a coming-of-age tale charting the first loves, lusts and obsessions of friends on vacation at the end of the 1970s, directed by Antonio Banderas.

I love this particular scene when they all danced and played around in the rain in slow-mo with the haunting background music!

There are a lot of cryptic, subtle visual in the movie which I don't really understand: the scene in the hospital, the part where Miguelito dove in the water and it turned red, and even the ending was open for interpretation. Was it all just a fiction serenaded by the mysterious DJ? Or did it really happen and he simply watched it from afar? And did Miguelito die in the end? And why was he barefooted in the final scene?

I guess we can interpret it anyway we like.

And one movie after another, I saw The Dark Knight yesterday and it was so great. I'm even ashamed of myself for not knowing the entire Batman story (I was actually surprised when Harvey Dent turned into the villain, duh, apparently it was a general knowledge I had no idea about even when we just discussed about it over dinner the previous night before) But the movie was full-on action from the minute it started 'til the very end: dark, fast-paced and scary all thanks to the Joker.

Love the quote that this Joker is a psychopath and when he makes one of his jokes, he's the only one laughing.

And during the last few days I also managed to see Darjeeling Limited and Elizabeth too on DVDs at home. Now that's what I call movie junky!

How about your weekend, people? :)

No comments: