Monday 7 July 2008

Crazy Little Thing Called...

Job.

I don't intend to bring myself to the state of idiocy, and whereas it suits some people perfectly, I would prefer not. But I'm sorry, bitterness is not a way to live, and a friend pointed that out to me yesterday. They say life is way too sweet to be bitter. So I'm going to set aside the nasty comments and just proceed to the point.

The thing is, being away from work or school for that matter, does make me feel stupid. Hence, the idiocy reference. I suppose I shouldn't be too hard since I just completed my last subject a week ago, but it does feel longer. I don't wanna get used to it.

I remember feeling completely determined to make the most of my time at the start of this year, but somewhere along the line, it vanished just as quickly. Now, I would hate to think that I'm simply unmotivated, but I'm afraid that's the case. I've always had it easy, and that makes me lazy. I said this too many times before, that I had many ambitions but I ended up not doing much; sadly, that is true. Having a short-attention span does this to me.

I wonder if only I have stayed there long enough, if only I have beared myself through the hard process, that things would eventually start getting easier. After all, the starting point is always the hardest. Am I just too quick to judge? But patience is not my best virtue and I suppose it's this girl's fatal flaw. Among many others.

To make myself feel better, I sent two applications today but it's a bit far-fetched, I mean, Jet Star? Why didn't I just apply to...Superstar Virgo or, oh heck, I don't know, was I even serious about this?

----------

So, among the little food poisoning episode that I got last weekend and in the midst of my moral dilemma (to be a pig or not to be), Eric is back to China today! And whereas I sympathize that he was saddened to bid farewell to his family and friends, the selfish me is glad that he's far more reachable again, and we don't have to endure another broken conversations over skype which did nothing but increased my blood pressure.

We spent hours discussing how I was called a traitor for my own country based on a quiz in facebook. Ah, good ol' times. Glad to have you back, dude!

No comments: