Thursday 31 July 2008

Content

I'm grateful of still having school despite my various complaints previously, take it, I'm just a whiner and thus, I whine, that's what I do. And I feel this time around, I'm quite looking forward to classes every morning, and although I do yawn and (again) moan about it when I have to wake up at 6.30 am, the level of the whining has incredibly reduced to an impressive stage: at least only 5 minutes of cursing and muttering under my breath, usually consisting of 'god I hate morning class'. I know, now I'm just being contradictory, but that doesn't count, really. I don't resemble myself before I shower and brush my teeth. Something just has its order.

So, let's just say that before shower-time, it's a different me altogether. And now every morning 'different me' would whine for a relatively-tolerable minutes, and then after the hot water and the toothpaste, I would already have the positive energy to start the day. And note that beforehand, hot water or not, I would still be grumpy. I'd like to think I'm not just the morning person, but I pressume it just depends on the mood. Ironically, even though I'm having crappy days lately, I'm pretty okay in the morning [nowadays] so that means, my mood is relatively good? Beats me.

And then there's the joy, a bittersweet joy, I might add, to head out of the house when it's still, well, it's not really dawn, but you know, like the day has just started and you're there. And again, yes, I used to bloody whine about it during my working days. Maybe I have just been slacking around for weeks now that it's a nice change to have morning activities again. Either way, the fact remains unchanged that my attention span is short and chance is that I'm still enthusiastic about school cos it just started four days ago. [give it a few more days and I'll be back to being grumpy, you say? God, I'm sad.] And everyday as I sit there on the bus [or most oftenly, stand up] and I look over the sleepy looking working adults around, I can't help feeling rather lucky. Don't ask, I don't know why. Maybe purely for selfish reason, I feel young.

But anyway, the point is that I like my morning school now. I wake up feeling quite refreshed and not-unwillingly. I spent my morning studying in class, and by afternoon if I'm not going out with friends, I would already be home, relaxing and doing useful things, if not napping, and at night I would sleep earlier than usual and thus, I'm ready for the next morning.

Probably that's it. I mean, my class is only for three and a half hours, so I still enjoy it and it gives me plenty of time to do something else. Working, on the other hand, gives you little to be desired. On a normal working day previously, it's rare to be going off at exactly 6 pm and most oftenly I got stuck until 7 and counting the long tedious journey from town to Jurong, it wasn't until 8 or 8.30 pm that I got home, depending on traffic as well.

Okay, now I'm just talking about something entirely different altogether.

What was the point again? Yes, that I'm quite happy with being back to school now. I'm also glad for my sister, for my best friend whom despite the roller-coaster mood I am in these days [happy in the morning, sucky at night] always manage to lend their supports.

Now, talking about the roller-coaster mood, just speaking matter-of-factly, yesterday was one of my crappy day, and no, nothing major happened or anything, but it's just the little things which completely irritated me to no end. I'm apparetly quite irritable, it started from the usual story of the unreliableness of public transport in the morning which forced me to wait for more than half an hour and resulted my late arrival in class. It's not even the lateness which bugs me, but rather that the waiting process is incredibly freaking unpleasant. I mean, the heat?!! Hello? It might be only 8 in the morning, but the heat, man! And then the class which was so draggy yesterday, just so happened. And I was scheduled to make a presentation [with the mentality of just wanting to get it over with, soon], but time wasn't much of the essence for the lecturer cos he didn't comment on a previous presentation that went on for half an hour despite his ten-minutes-per-student-limit. And so it had to be postponed to today and with my crappiness, it just irritated me further.

Wanting to just bury the frustration I had [actually not necessary because of the presentation, my emotion has just been running wild that day of something else entirely], I took the bus home, sat on the back, and wished nobody bother to sit beside me 'cos I just needed the space. But of course, of course, even I couldn't get that! The bus was relatively empty, and so there was no reason to sit right beside me where most of the seats were vacant anyway. But this indian guy [oh my] went to the trouble by excusing himself to take a seat next to me, and then shamelessly lifted up his barefooted feet up to the empty seats in front!

To be fair, it's not like I could smell them or anything, but just the sight of it was incredibly unpleasant and unappealing. I just couldn't believe my luck, and what's even more annoying, and you may call me a paranoid here, but I could swear he was peeking through my shoulder to take a look at my mobile screen since I was busy texting the entire journey home. At that point I would have almost happily scolded him of how much pain he has caused me...[oops] and called him names. Poor man to be directed to such anger. Served him right!

Okay, like I said, they weren't anything major, but they irked me nevertheless. I know the world doesn't revolve around me but some days it feels like everyone is just out to annoy me. [I'm sure you all have those days too.] A lot has to do with the inhuman heat these days, I think. The weather's just unbelievable, how could people not get angry over frivolous things at this state?
But FYI, I don't need an anger management program. It's not just because of the heat, the bus and the [imaginary] smelly feet of an intrusive Indian guy. These things happen. What really bothers me, is something else I don't really wanna discuss here. The others just serve as catalyst, if you know what I mean.

At least, having class now gives me purpose. Word! And I'm quite looking forward to the next chapter, whatever it may be. I have all the things I need, and for the rest, I'll cope.

No comments: