Sunday 3 February 2008

On Saturday

Okay, there are good and bad news. Which one would you rather hear first? The bad? Geez, you sure are a terrific friend, has anyone ever told you that? Put that in your resume, please, under 'Skills' - inflicting pain on people and enjoying seeing them miserable. I'm sure you will receive overwhelming calls, apparenty we're lacking of loansharks around here. Well, just one second into this and already I am making enemy. Please forgive me, I'm in no state of thinking logic. I am excited with a slight headache and a bad communication skills. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to start the real entry now.

Anyway, as you probably know (shame on you if you don't), I had my advertising exam yesterday and oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. Hah. Where should I begin? Hm. I can't decide, the part where I was staring aghast into the paper, the part where I was struggling so hard not to cry and make whimful sound, the part where I could smell horrified in the air, the part where I looked at others and quickly scribbled down incoherent letters on my sheet just to appear as if I had so much to write because my knowlegde on the subject was simply too much and overloading 'til I couldn't take it anymore I had to simply channel all these information or else! Which one? Which one! Bugger. I am so toast. I had all these notes heavy enough to kill, or if not, at least disable an arm of a burglar, and all those just materialized into a two-paper, ten-short questions! After ten minutes has passed and I was almost certain I wouldn't get struck by lightning or have one of those lightbulb moments, I made a whimful noise and pitied my whole existence in this planet. It's bad enough that I had flabby arms and frog-like thigh, I have to fail my subject too?? So what to do, I relied on my common sense. But don't start applauding yet. My common sense, as a matter of fact, is known to have shits for brain. So relying my whole future on my common sense which have proven more of its pathetic failures rather than its impressive achievements doesn't necessarily make me feel too convinced. But what happened has happened. I would like to thank everybody now for their supports and for believing in me, because after failing this exam, I probably would be kicked out of the college and house and I wouldn't afford to pay internet anymore, I would have to rummage through dustbins just to go to another ladies' night at zouk..For fuck's sake. Okay, you get the idea. It was a bad, bad afternoon.

But determined not to let that fact ruin my youth, I decided to go ahead and better my Saturday because quite frankly, it has gone down the hill by 1 pm. Yep, that must be a record. So late that night I headed out to MOS. I felt so much better a few glasses after. Ha! I was like, 'advertising what?!' Nope, no slightest recognition of the word 'advertising' there. Is it in arabic language or something? Because nope, I have never heard of it before in my life.


Had time to walk down and take pictures a bit. I hope you're not bored yet. Well, even if you are, just act interested, will ya. Anyway yesterday was so cold, I think it has been raining all evening so we were shivering our asses off while trying to look still presentable. I mean, look, I'm not that hairy but I look like a freaking hedgehog with all my hair standing up, okay! And please, do yourself a favor, do not imagine that. I wouldn't be responsible for you puking up your lunch.


Pretty, eh? I love the lights and the river. It was a chilly night but a great chilly one alright. We asked some people to take our pictures here and we tried to look for those with convincing faces, you know, like the faces of people who could hold the camera still for two seconds and not make us look like we're on a moving train or jogging somewhere to the sunset? Some guys looked damn convincing but they took the initiative to use the ZOOM option without consulting us (eer) so there were just our faces in the entire frame! And I would pat him on the back and call him 'dude' on normal circumstances, but the background was so damn nice, okay, I wanted it to be included in the picture. In the end, we reluctantly asked for an old auntie's help (but we were rolling our eyes and expecting the blurriest pic yet) and she took this picture! Okay, so we shouldn't judge a book by its cover. Okay. Got it. Sorry, auntie.


We just had to take pictures in the ladies. It's a must do. It's in the handbook. Which handbook? Well. I have to get back to you on that.








The lights are pretty cool, eh? Although, why did it have to strike me right on my eye?!

Okay, past the party, I would like to talk about something else here. I'm so excited now! My sis and I are going for this buffet dinner at Rendezvous Hotel and it's going to be so fabulous. Not just the dressing up part, I assure you, although I'm not complaning either. But will definitely take loads of pictures there.

Ah, and another good news is I have forced leave from the office this week due to chinese new year, so I'm free to be a pig! No irritating alarm clock at 6 am in the morning, no disturbance on my sleep right where I was almost kissing John Cusack in my dream. Bugger. That was close. Our lips were only 5 cm apart and then bang! bang! Suddenly there was this loud childish music (like in the circus) and I was snapped back to reality where John Cusack is simply unattainable. Bugger bugger bugger. So frustrated! Damn you childish alarm clock!

I'm going back to Jakarta this upcoming Thursday to collect my angpao. Hehe. No, really, I'm going back but not because of that reason, okay. I'm excited to have homemade cookings again, my favorite fried mushroom, wait for me, darling, I'll be right there in a few days.

On other notes, I saw Sweeney Todd last Thursday and I was so disturbed by it. And my friend's laughing wasn't helping either, okay. So I was scared of blood, but it was pure sadistic. Even though I shutted my eyes during the massacre part, I still could hear the sickening sound of people's whimpering when their necks were being cut open. I still could hear the sound of blood splashing in all direction and oh my god. Okay, I'm not going to relieve that moment. There's a reason why I wouldn't want to watch horror, you know.

Just another picture where we went for great karaoke session. We are so chinese, eh? =p



Okay, I think I better get ready now. Yeay! Buffet! Food! Sushi! Salmon! Advertising what??? I am sooo moving on. Yeah, until I receive my result slip. And then I will piss my pants off. -__-'

No comments: