Sunday 13 January 2008

You and A Trip Gone Wrong.

I know it's probably not healthy to be pissed off at this time of the day. After all, it's still 3 in the afternoon, and they say you're not allowed to get drunk before midnight. Well, at least when you're drunk, you have the excuse not to behave like yourself, and people forgive you for it.

I have all this anger towards you. Anger is probably not the right word, what, then? Dissapointment? Confusion? No, wait, make it anger too.

I'm a big girl, I'll be okay, whatever it is you're afraid to tell me. I don't know, the least you can do is have the decency to talk to me. What, you have the balls to f***ing start things with me and not end it? I know it seems impossible for us, and I'm not a fairy-tale dreamer either. I'll be okay. I'll probably be sad for some time but everyone's bound to feel sad at one point or another. I don't believe that you're only trying to guard me.

I would much rather know everyhing now. It doesn't matter what you're going to say as long as you promise you will be nothing but truthful. Isn't it funny, that I believed in you before, but not now, even though we're supposed to be a lot closer? Where's the logic in that? I think I deserve that, at the very least. Your honesty to set things clear. I just need you to know one thing, that I will really be okay.

I just need to get it off my chest.

As for what's going on with me, not much, actually. School won't start until the end of this month so I have quite a handful of time before then. I'm trying to write and read more (I know I've been reading this Sidney Sheldon book for some time and I'm embarrassed to admit that I'm still yet to finish it! But it's thick and the font is not exactly too friendly for my non-superhuman eyes, okay.) and between times, I'm trying to catch up more with friends and spend time with my sister before she starts working. Apparently by then, she will have been too cool to go out with me, different prestige level, she said. Haha, I'm kidding. She will just be super busy so I need to resort to friends and books to mend my lonely heart.

What else, just two days ago I had a really stupid experience. Okay, I might not known for my talent in 'navigating myself', let alone someone else. But I didn't even realize my mistake right until it's already done, and I have never felt any stupider than that. See, my friend and I were at Orchard after our dinner time, and we were set to go to Holland Village afterwards, the problem was, neither of us knew quite right as which bus to take, but as if that has ever stopped us. (okay, there was that time when we wanted to go to Dempsey Road and we were completely oblivious - but we were smart enough then to just resort to taxi!) Who did we think we were? Feminime version of Indiana Jones, the great adventurer? Ben Gates from National Treasure who dedicated himself to exploring new places and trying not to get killed in between?

But I mean, how difficult could it be, finding a bus from Orchard to Holland Village? I mean, Holland Village is not Timbuktu or anything. Countless buses go there, and Orchard is not Ethiopia either. So we took 123 bus after consulting the bus directory and boy, were we confident. The damn bus didn't come until almost half an hour later, and that was already good thirty minutes of our lives which we would never get back! (exclamation mark!) But fine, since my friend has been talking about how good the cockles were in one of the hawker at Holland V, I beared with it. The thought of cockles were what kept me going! Okay, I know I should've said, 'the lively ambience', or 'the numerous bars', but the cockles were all it's all about.

So finally we were settled in a chilly bus which its air-con was set in intention to turn all of its passengers into ice cubes, which then could be used to replace the melting ice in the Artic. Seriously, who sets the temperature?! The bus went on, and on, and on, and on, and it took us another 30 minutes to finally question where the hell we were. By that time, most passengers have alighted, leaving us with only one-other-probably-lost-too-woman. It was dark outside, and trees were everywhere and I felt like I was on the set of The Jungle Book. The street sign then revealed 'Bt.Permai' and we exchanged blank glances, it might as well show 'You-Stupid-Avenue' or 'Directional Retarded Road' and it wouldn't make any difference since we have never heard a place called Bt Permai in our entire lives.

What happened after was, it wasn't clear whether we just simply have missed our stops in Holland V, or whether we took the wrong bus route to begin with. Either way, we have wasted another hour of our brilliant lives which now didn't feel half as brilliant anymore. What gutted us more was that, we found out that the bus was going to go back to Orchard! Exactly to the same place we were! The exact bus stop which we waited thirty minutes at! If we weren't too busy cursing our own stupidity, we would have been already laughing our asses off.

On the way back to Orchard, though, we passed Clarke Quay and so I just suddenly snapped, 'let's just hop down here. It seems like a smarter move than just go back to where we first started..' And so there you go, the story on how we ended up at Clarke Quay on Friday night and on the time in chronological details when I had to kiss the cockles goodbye.

I'm glad we went there, though! Cockles aside, (what IS with me and cockles? Geez!) Clarke Quay's still a great place to hang out. There's just so much energy.


Ordered this mocktail (forgot the name), but it was too sour for my taste. The thing about going out just the two of us, it was rather troublesom to take pics cos we had to constantly ask for passers-by and waitresses' help.

So at least by the end of the night we didn't curse as much anymore, and we accepted the fact that we were directionally challenged people, and one lesson we learnt the hard way: when in doubt, just hail a cab!

No, seriously. I felt so embarrassed. It's not my fault my brain's made of by cells oblivious of the word 'map', 'navigation', 'streets', and 'avenues'. That must have been our first lousiest moments in 2008, and it's not even a month yet.

Compared to that incident, my yesterday's trip with Sis to Kallang seemed like a monumental achievement, although at a point we were struggling to find the right bus stop from the station to take us to the Leisure Park, but at least it didn't cost us our youth! An hour of my youth, don't remind me. Can you see my wrinkles already?

No comments: