Sunday 20 January 2008

'Intelligent'???

Tomorrow I'm starting school...after months of brain absence. I feel so dumb you wouldn't believe it, my friend asked me what 9 times 2 is and I had to pause for a millisecond to answer. Now I'm officially freaked out. My intelligence is one thing I always boost about whenever opportunity arises.

Friend: Hey, isn't that our old friend from high school?
Me: Yes! I used to be a science student in high school!

Friend: Do you know what (this word) means?
Me: Yes, do you know I won speech competition back in high school?!

Friend: She looks so beautiful, don't you think?
Me: Maybe. Hey, I used to teach all my friends chemistry, math, biology, english!

Friend: How much is my change? (talking to herself, rather than to me)
Me: I'm very good with number. I was in science! Science! Science! Me! Yes, me!

I have to revert everything back to how intelligent I was, and still am! I won't let a silence go by without making that statement and hoping that it would make me look even brighter, sometimes I would even cut my friend's sentence...

Friend: Have you seen my b.....??
Me: (cutting her words) IwasasciencestudentandIwasinyearbookdesigncommitteandallteachersadoredme......!!! (in one long breath)

After that, my friend just looked me weirdly and she has never asked me out again ever since. I always thought she was just intimidated by my *what else, intelligence*, but come to think of it, maybe she just thought I was a loser beyond belief.

So imagine my horror when I couldn't even answer 9 times 2 under one second! This lack of brain's activity is scaring me way more than watching Ju-On and I was almost pissing myself then. I guess it's a good thing, then, that school starts tomorrow. And moreover, in the spirit of becoming a more responsible adult, I won't complain at how early I have to wake up every morning, at how irritating it can be waiting for a crowded bus, standing and being squeezed by people all the way to school, at how sweaty and hot the weather is after the lesson ends in midday...

Nope, as a maturing woman, you won't hear me mutter a single word of complaint about any of it.

On a lighter note! I just saw '27 Dresses' today and it was great! James Marsden is so ogle-able in it (is there such word?), I have always thought he's a cutie but in this movie, everything about him just feels right! In Enchanted, his hair is way too long, in X-Men, his eyes are constantly covered, and to me eyes are important! What else? In Hairspray, well, there is just simply too much hairgel..but he's definitely a catch in this one. Okay, past the James Marsden effect, the story is good and funny without being too dramatic.

Yesterday I went to Chinatown and had dinner at this sort of food court at Bukit Timah. I was craving for cockles and boy, didn't I get cockles. Look at that!



Fresh yummy cockles....cheese mushroom prata...and teh tarik. Okay, odd combination.

F had this fried cockles kway-tew and I have my eyes set on it for next time, hahaha!

No comments: