Saturday 26 January 2008

What a Week.


I have been hibernating for months and now that I started functioning as a normal human being like the rest of you, I fell into great exhaustion. Brilliant, don't you think? What am I, 70?! The truth is, I think I just need some getting used to, plus I am still not a morning person. And I think public transportation sucks. Once you rely on 'em, bang! They look away and turn you down, simply left you bruised and traumatized for life. And when you start believing in them again, they would bang! Crash your intestines this time, haven't you learnt anything from the last time? I had my inside crushed a few days ago when I was waiting patiently with faith for the 198 bus. The time showed 8 am. You think most people would have been still in stage-four sleep (I've been learning too much psychology) and stage four means you're in deep deep shit, oops, I mean sleep. But of course I was wrong (I seemed to get everything wrong lately) and when the bus came, it was apparent that we were no longer in a healty relationship, no symbiosis-mutualism, and that 'it' has turned its back on me, literally. The bus didn't even stop, it just simply passed, leaving me with paranoid thoughts and I spent the rest of the day wondering 'where did I go wrong?' It wasn't enough that I had just been dumped by a dead-object, when the second bus arrived ten minutes later, the exact same thing happened. It was nearly 8.30 then and I was already having extravagent rage and temper tantrum. I wanted to flag a cab down real bad but even then, I still thought about how great of a relationship the bus and I have had over the years and I was just confused, why? Why? Although my heart had been bruised, I convinced myself that there must have been an explanation, so I allowed myself to believe in it once again. Sometime after 8.30, finally the bus and I made up. It apologized and I forgave. So it took me to school, but it was too late and I missed my quiz, but at least we got back together again and what doesn't kill you just makes you stronger.

Now, just forget everything that I said in the last 5 minutes, okay?

Great, now I feel better. I just slept for nearly 12 hours and it was the best sleep in days. For once, I didn't wake up with massive headache and hallucination. Science says you can't have lack of sleep and just make up for it in weekend, meaning I can't have four hours of sleep on weekdays and twelve hours on weekend to compensate for it because our bodies don't work like that, so if one day I suddenly collapsed or anything, at least you would know why and not be too surprised. "Ah, I've seen it coming, that girl has been abusing her body by making it work OTT everyday and not even giving it salary." But don't you know that our brain is most active when we're asleep? Our body is resting but the brain is the complete opposite, I think that's why I constantly have this excessive imagination and dramatic over-the-top ideas. Because I simply sleep too much. Hmm, I don't know how I feel about that. I guess that's a good thing? Hmm?

Aside from the getting-tired part, in a way I feel good because I start making my time useful and I actually do something other than partying and getting wasted, hey, speaking of partying......

I'm kidding. This last week has been very productive and I wrote more (although not here), that is, assignments and writing sample. And I actually reviewed things that have been taught in class at night (impressive, although the reason behind it is because of quiz, not because I have conscience) but the bottom line is the same, no?

The interview yesterday was fine, it wasn't a complete disaster like the other one, but again there were still things I wished I didn't say, ("Well, I take pictures just for fun because I'm very narcissistic, so no, I can't say I know photojournalism.." and "I like Sex and the City because of the obvious? The sex part?" just to mention two, believe me, I wished my mouth has a censor-board), but well the boss seemed not so appaled so who knows. He asked whether I had facebook all while clicking and tapping away in his laptop, I had a hunch he searched into my profile hoping to know more about my real personality. (Shit, all my partying pictures.......) On the bright side, yesterday I was simply too tired to care about my answer, I was definitely sleepy and I started seeing stars halfway through the cab journey to the office, but thanks to the damn talkative taxi driver, I managed to keep my eyes open with all the strength I could muster, so I was just happy to get it over with. No time to get nervous, once the boss settled me into his small office, I was talking and nodding (hopefully) all in the right places while struggling not to yawn. So I said it went well.

The trip back home was another story. Guilty for wasting too much money on cab lately, I decided to walk and took train instead. It was quite a distance from the office to the train station so I was already panting pathetically then. On top of that, I was wearing heels, and the sun was blazing it could set eggs to fry. I didn't feel sleepy anymore, yipee. The yawn has miraculously dissapeared and replaced by sweat and unglam face. I chose yawn everytime. Damn it. Took the train afterwards from Tanjong Pagar (which was where the office is) and alighted at Chinese Garden just to walk again to the flat. I swear it was the hottest day ever, and for once it wasn't because of me. (Ha!) My feet were killing me, my bag was so heavy (I went to the interview straight from school and you should see how thick my textbook is...And yes, why the hell is there school on a Saturday?!) I almost lost the feeling of my shoulder, and the heat was enough to set my temper right to boiling point. I was mad!

Nearing the apartment just when I was about to cross the street, some guy approached me. I looked at him deadly because he obviously kept me from my soon-anticipated-nap-of-the-year.

The-Guy-Who-Would-Have-Been-Sidekicked-If-This-Was-My-Dream: "Hi, excuse me.."
Me: "What?!"
The-Guy-Who-Was-Obviously-Slow-In-Brain-Department: "Um..Do you know.."
Me: "What?????!!!"
The-Guy-Who-Was-Apparently-Also-Slow-In-Language-Department: "Do you know where the nearest post office is?"
Me: "No."
The-Guy-Who-Had-Problem-With-His-Ear: "......."
Me: "No, I'm sorry, I don't know."
The-Guy-Who-Should've-Known-Better: "You don't?"
Me: (losing patience) "I. Don't."
The-Guy-Who-Should've-Shutted-Up-and-Walk-Away: "But don't you live around here?"

Seriously. What am I, a damn street directory? Mayor of the Town? A freaking postman?! Besides, what was his point anyway? I already told him I did not know, why should he go on and make an accuse as if I'm a bad citizen for not knowing where the post office was?!

Gee, if I was in another mood I probably would have helped him look for the pos office, all while holding hands and skipping, but I was in no mood of such. By then I was sure I must have had blisters all over my feet and looked like a zombie. Okay, I surely didn't make myself look appealing. But as you can already tell, I'm not a big fan of sweating and it makes me grumpy.

Yeah. I think I've described it pretty well. Far more than you wished to know. Or care.


Friday night, the previous day of the 'grumpy ol' me-scenario, which probably would explain why I was so sleepy. We were having late dinner (better known as supper) at Clarke Quay but something was missing: my energy, oohh where art you? I need some good old trashy shameless fun party. -__-'

And just for making this entry a bit more longer than necessary, we were chillin' at Starbucks where we occupied the best seats of all - the big couch nearest to the door overlooking the street, if you picture the Starbucks near Heeren (opposite Meritus Hotel) you would know what I mean.


Feeling quite 'super' that day. Because my class ends at 12.30 everyday, I feel like I have the entire day to do whatever, now I know why time usually feels so fast (yeah, because I wake up at 1 in the afternoon? Half of the day basically has passed while I'm sinking myself to further pig-doom.)

So long story short..(short? Are you kidding me?) I'm now enjoying a good old sleep, finally. Not now, technically I'm wide awake now, but I mean today. Tomorrow's another hard working day and I'm counting my 'lover' to not let me down. Speaking of tomorrow,..I have a paper I have yet to make, but I'm seeing Atonement this evening so I'm quite excited. Until next time?;)

No comments: