Wednesday 16 January 2008

"Apparently Unaffected"

You were the one that got me
One who cheered me up in moody days
Kept me grounded when I'm insane
And the one who laughed at my slurry jokes
Despite my imperfectness, you made me feel
Like I was enough

Where did we go wrong
When did time finally take its toll
How did things get this bad
Who decided to let go
And said that this is the end

I'm sorry
For I'm not apparently unaffected
But let everything comes out in the open
Because I'm not apparently unaffected

Against my better judgment I trusted you
Now I realized it was a foolish move
Because to you, words don't mean a thing
And promises are too soon forgotten

But there is no reason to be cruel
You could have just shutted up
Instead of making empty promises
I would have rather heard nothing at all

But I hate myself
For not being apparently unaffected
And for letting you see the weaker side of me
Because I'm not apparently unaffected

I come to realize that I misread your moods
And expectations
I wasn't blithely aware of you unspoken wants
You still have yet to explore

So just go away and leave me alone
Because I will be okay
You will have to live with yourself
Knowing that you've spent your life telling lies

So I keep on breathing
Because you are not the air
So I keep on walking
Because nothing's worth looking back for

And I'm done with waiting
For life is simply too short
And I'm done with running
For there's nothing worth fighting for

I had my moments of shame
Unfortunate and inevitable regrets
My share times of clueless fumblings
But I'm not the one losing pride

At the end of the day your true colors are shown
Your real face is rippling to the surface
And I learn my lesson
For I need to be apparently unaffected

To you, for making me stronger
To you, to the one that got away
And for no looking back.

No comments: