Saturday 5 January 2008

A Day at Sentosa

We have survived to live for another day! Despite being dragged down, soaked wet, drenched cold, torn apart, and stomped hard by the mercilessly rain (and I'm exaggerating just a tiny winy bit), it was a fun day! The part about the rain was right, though, it was raining really hard this afternoon in the middle of our adventure in Sentosa and we were practically bathing in the water filled with dirt and I don't wanna know what else. No, really, I don't. It was traumatic enough.

I'm not complaining, really! It's just..it would have been perfect if it hadn't been raining..fine, I'm complaining but this is just so typical! We actually planned to go to Sentosa yesterday but it was cloudy so we postponed it to today in fear of rain but of course! it ended up not raining yesterday and today, you ask? It just couldn't get any wetter than this! The universe might not revolve around us but I swear it feels damn like it sometimes!

We woke up at 8 because the movie was supposed to be at 11 and we were nothing but punctual! Hey, I am totally punctual, mind you. When we got there to Tiong Bahru, it was still too early and the ticketing office hasn't even opened yet so we settled for brunch at Long John first. Well, it's not like I'm a bad sister for just feeding them fast food but cousins have never heard of Long John right until today so they wanted to give it a try. We had the breakfast set: french toast, egg cheese, bacon and fish sandwiches. Respectively, not for me only! Geez!



Afterwards...movie time! Snap some pictures inside the theater. I was once scolded for posing in front of a movie poster at Cinelasuire as if I was trying to steal a child or something. What, violation of copyright? If that's the case, then I'm deeply sorry personally to Alvin and The Chipmunks.



The Golden Compass was great, as expected. There were only a few people inside the theater so I could lift my legs up as I liked without being scrutinized for having smelly feet. Ha!

When we first got to Harbor Front it still looked promisingly sunny. We took cable car to Sentosa and enthusiastically bought tickets for the luge! Romi was so confident he could beat us all up but cockiness is dangerous, my dear! He hit the corner of the lane and his 'vehicle' fell to the side, following soon enough was an evil mocking laugh and shoutings from..um..me,..really????! My voice seemed like a blade in the serenity of the park....*sound of cricket* What is wrong with the people?! It was supposed to be fun and noisy! Yet I was the only one yelling 'Romi!!!! You fell! You fell!! I win! I win! I win! I wiiiiiinnnnn!!!!!!!'



I was already in near euphoria right until I was reminded that I just beat a 12-year-old boy in a less than 3-minutes game. Afterwards I just felt embarrassed. At least I had my moments.


Dwiki manuveuring his luge in the finishe line.


Walking to the skytrain which would take us back up from the luge's finish area. As far as I know, he only has one facial expression. We called him Jay Chou. Duh.

A skytrain, a 4-D simulation and a whole lot of drenching and soaking in rain later, it was becoming all too clear that we wouldn't be able to go to the beach and do some kayaking as planned, and besides it was already almost dinner time so we took the cable car back and had fabulous dinner at Marche.


with Vivo as the background.


Big dinner.

So we all seemed happy but it's already 2 in the morning now and I can't be happier from looking at the boys sleeping peacefully! I'm beat, really, and tomorrow we have another sets of plan lining up so I'm hitting the sack soon. I've been having a really bad flu since three days ago so I need to grab a bite and take some medicine now.

No comments: