Thursday 25 September 2008

F1 Buzz!

I'm definitely not the sporty type, sweat terrifies me and the word 'hiking' makes me wanna faint, and in theory I couldn't care less about the F1.

But the buzz is catching up to me. It's seeing the posters everyday, and the race cars model at shopping malls, not to mention the track itself which has been designed so wonderfully throughout the city area, you would be blind not to get excited over it.

Kimi Raikkonen was at Paragon yesterday, I saw his interview on TV and I was like, 'I WAS at Orchard this evening!' Lewis Hamilton's photos arriving at Changi Airport while being surrounded by photographers,..it makes the whole thing even more exciting because of the proximity.

This afternoon a friend and I, him being a total F1 fanatic, walked around Raffles and Suntec, strolling along the heated track, so close despite it being sealed. People working for the event were pacing back and forth, scattered around the arena. There's a certain pride having this major event here when everyone from around the world is coming in to the city to celebrate something together. It truly is. And I'm not even Singaporean.

Now luckily enough, I will be able to catch a glimpse of F1, and I'm damn excited about it!

I'm sure everyone's attention will be focused on one thing this weekend! Mondofabulous! A friend is flying in to town for the event and on top of everything, it'll be just great to see him.

This week has been passing like a breeze, I'm afraid I would miss it if I just blink! And I'm actually enjoying my work so far! Things are definitely looking up.

No comments: