Sunday 7 September 2008

So random

There was the time when everybody used friendster, and now it seems like the trend has shifted over to facebook. But see, the difference is, at first I thought facebook's a more exclusive social network, people don't usually just add random others as they did over at friendster previously. I have like, way over 500 contacts over my friendster, and I bet quite a lot number of 'em are those I don't even know.

And don't you agree that it's totally ridiculous to have more than one account in the same site? They have account ONE FULL, and then account TWO FULL, and some even have three jut because their contacts have reached the maximum limit, I mean, seriously, noone needs that many accounts! They're tad unnecessary. How very socialites these people are, really? Seems like they're even more popular than Lauren Conrad herself.

If you really have that many friends, then tell me I'm a smart-ass b**** and I'll gladly shut up. Because I mean, if your contacts are full, then you just gotta make another, right? Sure. What I find irritating, are the people who add others randomly. It's not a big deal if you think about it, but I don't know, I just don't get it, it's getting on my nerves after a while.

Now it's one thing if you see someone and you want to know that person and be friends, well, then send a message or something, follow the proper introductory guidelines. If you have to shake hands when you meet someone new, at least you gotta do the same thing, or along that line since physical connection is not yet applicable in the friendster-facebook world. But shouldn't that be a common sense?

I got friend requests from all kinds of people whose names I can't even pronounce, let alone lay eyes on. I had the impression that it's more close-knitted network right here on facebook, so I'm quite annoyed to find out that it's really not much different afterall.

Maybe I shouldn't take it so negatively, afterall if random people want to be friends with you, then what's the harm, right? Well? Maybe. I don't know. You tell me.

Another random person added me as friend on facebook a few days ago, and upon courtesy, I was the one sending a message and asking him whether I knew him, otherwise I wouldn't accept his request. I thought there's a possibility that he might be an old friend from elementary school or something, so I asked. See? I am good-mannered. He replied a while after, saying:

'Hello..not really, just see you in [one of my friend's] photos so I add you, hope you don't mind.'

Just because we happen to know the same person doesn't instantly make us friends!(EXCLAMATION POINT!) Or, at least you could tell me that before! (EXCLAMATION POINT!) Feeling my blood rise up yet again, I ignored him. But well, at the very least we still have something in common, but some are totally random. These are the worst. Someone from Turkey just sent me a friend request. What the f***?

In friendster previously I didn't give too much of a damn, I had that over 500 contacts by accepting requests from random people, just because I wanted to make everything easier. But I just need to rant here because it happens too many times.

I hate being a whiner, though, but what to do? I am one. And I know you all get this all the time too, so tell me, surely it bothers you too sometimes? Seriously, next time a random person added me as a friend without much of a greeting (at least!), I'm so gonna blow up and proceed with sending that person a message and calling him names. Ggr, I'm feeling fierce!

No comments: