Wednesday 10 September 2008

This week has been..

So, I've been having much fun lately, a lot is goin' on at the moment. With the mooncake festival, the ramadhan, the upcoming F1, it's exciting to be in the city right now. Although I'm not too big on mooncake to begin with, my flatmate has been bringing home various mooncakes selection which I could freely nibble around; after her saying, "please help yourself", of course. All hell broke loose afterwards, she should have been more specific, "take only one or two" for example.

But yeah, I've checked out the lantern festival, and this weekend there's gonna be sort of a mooncake party down in my apartment. We'll come, see what's goin' on, mingle around, I think it's gonna be fun.

And it's fasting time too, if it weren't for Mr. F I doubt I would even realize, that's how ignorant I am. But now, I learn to be more sensitive, just like when we went out to watch movie the other day, I made sure I sat a few chairs away from him so he wouldn't hear me munching potato chips. And I didn't even offer, do you know how hard that was? I'm so used to sharing my food that it took a great deal of self-conscience to refrain me from doing that while he was fasting.

So we ate afterwards with the rest of the starving Muslim population at 7ish over in Arab Street. Loads of Indonesian and Turkish food down there. It's a good change of scenery, and a lot more relaxing as well. We could just sit there, have shisha, eat, chill and have a good time, there are loads of stalls along the street, we call it 'pasar malam', night market, literally. Mostly they sell food and muslim clothings, but sometimes you get to see unique things like colorful lamps and carpets. Hello, can you say Aladdin? Ali Baba?

Aside from the fun stuff, I'll be having my last class here in Singapore this Friday, and gosh, that hits me hard in the head. After this all, I'm done. Well, there's still the US trip to look forward to, but I'm sure that will just go like a breeze. A fucking year goes like a breeze, what's a month? It'll just be faster than you saying 'cheese'. I just wanna enjoy the rest of the year, seriously.


Well, my camera couldn't really capture the scenery with enough justice, but I just love the color's reflection on the water...

We ventured out to the waterfront at Kallang, the restaurants are by the river, soothing and romantic...Just by being near to the water is so relaxing, nothing beats that after a long tiring day running for interview...(and movies)


Had a really good time although the restaurant he wanted to bring me to apparently has closed down. What are the odds, huh?

Speaking of interview, though, at this point I'm just done with it. "I've stopped working for a few months now, and now I'm just so eager to start again and really make use of my time," I said to my latest interviewer, as if that would make a difference. But really, I know I said I've been looking for jobs for sometime now, but to be honest I wasn't that much serious. I kept postponing and postponing, telling myself that I would have exam soon so I should prepare first blah blah, such bullshit. I'm just highly unmotivated and lazy, gosh, bless me. But really, it's like I'm watching myself wasting time, and it seems like the harder it gets, the more you want it. The truth is, I've survived the worst possible scenario, what other worse forms of humiliation could take place in a conference room?

So just keep your fingers [and toes] crossed!

But all in all, this week has been great, made some new friends and caught up with old ones. Ladies night yesterday was the most fun I've had in weeks, probably. Hope you all enjoy your week so far as well...I'm rambling rubbish in this entry here, I just realized, ah sod it. So, goodbye for now! :)

p.s: by the way, for you who gives a rat's ass, well, translates to, those who have nothing better to do on rainy days or something, check out video of me and sis singing another song (in Lion King, I would have sung 'be prepared' now just because the title's appropriate..) here and a movie when cous decided to showcase his cooking ability. It's a new concept in our usually-unused kitchen...

No comments: