Sunday 21 September 2008

First week of work

I know work just got started, and there hasn't been much that I can say about it, but that never stopped me from having opinions.

When I wrote a short piece of article which was featured in a local newspaper a while back, the only thing my then-boyfriend said to me wasn't 'congratulations, honey' but 'you have opinions.' Although from whichever angle, the first was even more unlikely since the hell would freeze over before we got to call each other 'honey'.

But, the point is, yes, I do have opinions if nothing else, no matter how undeserving I am to say those things yet.

So a little bit about the job, the company is definitely bigger than my previous, in scale and in operation. There are different departments: media, PR, copywriting, marketing and advertising and so on so forth. I'm assigned to the lattest and accentuated more on the event management part.

During my first day I was introduced to everyone but since so far I could only work in the morning, it hasn't exactly helped me with the whole bonding part. By 1 I have to leave to make it on time for my class over at town, but good thing the office is located not too far from there.

I love the fact that my desk is facing out. I'm not directly by the window but I can see the view from where I sit and it's truly great.

Newsflash! Random fun fact! My computer desktop is a picture of naked Bart Simpson diving in the sea! How....um..corporate.

I don't mind the working part, but waking up in the morning can really be such a shit. I guess there are people who are used to do that, but I'm definitely not one of them. If work starts in the afternoon and ends later at night, I wonder if I would last in a job a lot longer. Maybe. Really, one sucky thing about working is the waking up part.

So what gives? Sleeping time, for one. Weekends feel shorter, somehow, which makes 'em even more precious.

But I'm glad to start this, I've been restless for quite some time, and knowing that getting a job isn't as easy as anyone makes up to be, you tend to appreciate it more.

No comments: