Saturday 18 July 2009

Once again, I must ask too much of you, Harry

J.K Rowling is a genius for creating the world of Harry Potter. How was life B.H (Before Harry)? I seriously can't remember.

I'm unbashedly a Harry Potter fan, and I'm looking forward to seeing each installments being brought to life every year. You get to play with your imagination more when you read the book, but there's a pleasure of watching it on screen and getting lost in others' vision.

I just came back from seeing the latest movie, and I enjoyed it thoroughly in spite of. I feel that the film emphasized too much on the teenage romance angst part rather than the more important scenes to build up the plot.

We simply don't see much actions from the characters, even from Harry. Lupin and Tonks made a really small appearance, and some scenes just felt flat and loose.

Where did the Weasleys go after their house was destroyed? What happened to Hogwarts in the end? And as Snape took Dumbledore's life, the scene could've been more dramatic.

However, in here we see more depth of Draco Malfoy's character, suspenseful portrayal of Tom Riddle, and truly brilliant settings. I really loved the view.

I expect the last installment to be nothing short of explosive.