Saturday 12 June 2010

Updates

I have to say, I'm quite digging this new template look. Nice job at guys at Blogger. It's about time you guys have something new to offer. :) Anyway, just a few updates as we're enjoying our exciting weekend!

The World Cup fever is here! I'm not much of a football junkie, but it's really one occasion that brings the whole world together, and the buzz is just infectious! Yesterday we saw the first match between South Africa and Mexico, and I can't wait to see more! Go England!

My other cousin came today with a great surprise. He brought us Playstation 3! It's supposed to his, but he has finished playing his Final Fantasy XIII and he generously decided to lend us the shweet device to our possession! As I'm writing this, the gang is excitedly trying it out and playing the game outside! My cousin set our TV to HD too as we gloriously saw the awesomely good video quality in amazement! I have the feeling we're gonna stay home more now. I have to say I'm the least of a gamer in the family though, compared to my sisters. They're loving it!

Oh, another thing. I'm sure I have mentioned it before weeks ago, but I got a gig doing some writings for an educational magazine in Jakarta. It's a freelance thing, so I can easily do it from here. I went for the interview when I was back in Jakarta and the editor offered me this amazing opportunity. For my first assignment, I wrote two books review. They were motivational books, so it was a little bit outside my normal read, but I thoroughly enjoyed the process of writing the review! And finally, the magazine is out! I can't wait to see it, but it's gonna take some time to have it delivered from home. My dad already got it, and he sent me a picture of the review page, but he mega-zoomed it and the picture turned out to be blurry. Haha, bless him! He's not exactly the most talented 'picture-snapper'. Alright, the pay is nothing, but I'm so glad to have this opportunity and I'm looking forward to have my next assignment for the upcoming issue.

I got a new book for my next read! It's "Juliet, Naked" by one of my favorite authors, Nick Hornby. I've always loved his books, and I'm so excited for this one. Yeay for good books! Speaking of good book, I also just bought one through Amazon.com for the first time! Because I couldn't seem to find Jason Mulgrew's "Everything is Wrong with Me", I had to purchase it online! Happy though!

Alright, I just came back from late lunch at Ajisen Ramen, and I'm so full right now. We've done a little bit of grocery shopping earlier too, and I'm gonna cook soup for dinner tonight. Contrary to popular belief, I love cooking for other people. I've been thinking of inviting friends for BBQ at the apartment, but things have just been a little busy so haven't had time to plan it yet. We'll see! Hope you guys enjoy the weekend! Ole, ole, ole!

Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.

No comments: