Thursday 17 June 2010

Dinner at Nando's. (Day 51)

So this week is exciting! On Monday, I met Meli after work for shopping spree in Bugis Street and awesome dinner at Nando's! For some reason the whole day I started craving the peri-peri chicken and the last time I had it was when I went to KL with Sis. Just recently it opened a branch here in Singapore, so since we were going Bugis anyway, it would be a good time to let Meli try that too. Speaking of the shopping, we got some pretty good deals.

I bought a maxi dress, a top for Meli, and a black Aladdin-like pants. Seriously, it looked better on the mannequin (I'm simply not tall enough), but it was only 10 bucks! Might as well. I wore that to work the next day and everyone was saying it looked cute, but I have a feeling it's just a nicer way of saying I looked dorky. I felt dorky. It's just like, every time I come across a baby of a friend or someone I know, the automatic default reaction would be "so cute!" although this may not necessarily be true. Trust me, I've seen some ugly babies. But you can't say that, can you? I mean, yeah, babies are cute in their own unique ways bla bla bla, we're not talking about that, alright?

But I'm not gonna turn this into some "I Dislike Children" campaign, and it's not even about that, okay? How could I go from wearing my Aladdin pants into anti-children discussion? Beats me.

Anyway, I had so much fun on the shopping spree, and it was already 8 plus by the time we were done. So we headed out to Nando's, which was obviously packed and we had to queue for another 15-20 minutes before we got seats.

Yum! Finally, my craving was about to be satisfied!

I ordered the signature 1/2 chicken with peri-peri chips and I tried some spiced rice for the side dish.

Actually this was the picture from the last time I was in Nando's KL. Silly me! I think I was way too hungry at that time that I simply forgot to snap a picture! But you know, it looked something like that, 'cos I think I ordered the same thing then too. The half chicken is definitely bigger than in the picture, though! My little sis and I were sharing it, and we asked the waiter whether 1/4 chicken will be enough for the two of us. And looking shocked as if we just asked him how he felt about uncircumcised men, he replied quickly, "Oh no!! It definitely won't be enough!"

Oooooo-kay. So we got the half chicken and I almost couldn't move after the meal! I was so full! Sometimes it is better to finish your meal and still feel like you can have dessert, rather than being completely stuffed and unable to move, don't you think?

I bought the same portion for my sis and cous at home, and we headed back with our stomach stuffed, shopping bags full, and my wallet empty. Sounds like a good day!

No comments: