Wednesday 26 March 2008

Simple Act

It doesn't take that much to make my day and I'm not that hard to please. In this sense, I'm very sensitive, because annoying people piss me off tremendously and nice people just, well, make me happy, even when they come in various shapes and sizes. Oh, I mean, ages and..whatever.

This morning I encountered the nicest taxi driver ever. Reason why I took taxi wasn't because I felt rich, or not because I just didn't want to to mix with commoners, I swear that's not it. Well, the real reason was much simpler and embarrassing at the same time. Basically it took me a great deal to just pick what to wear for the day, and just to make matters worse, it's not like my wardrobe is screaming 'fabulous' or 'so-many-varieties-you-can-pick-whatever-and-look-nice'! Formal attires, somemore! The amount of formal shirts I own could put everyone to shame. So I spent too much time deciding what to wear and too little time on running after the bus. Bugger.

So the taxi driver was all smiley which was almost always a good sign, of course smiling itself can mean a lot of different things. But as far I could tell, it wasn't a mischievous or an evil pyschotic smile so I was at ease. He kept talking to me throughout the journey and he even complimented my english (although you should hear me speak english in the morning, it couldn't be called 'speaking' rather than just 'slurring), but as self centered as I am, him flattering me wasn't the reason why he lifted me spirit up. Of course it wasn't! What do you take me for?!

I didn't have cash so he took me to ATM first and when he dropped me in my work place, he kept saying thank you as if without me he would have ran out of business right there and then. Suddely I felt very heroic! There should be an Indonesian flag and the national song playing in the background! (huh?)

I might not find the cure for AIDS yet, and I might have never donated my precious AB-type blood ever before, but at least I helped a really nice taxi driver from the prospect of selling his taxi for his kids' pocket money!

Okay, I sound awful. Rewind.

So yeah. Just a tiny act of friendliness like that is nice, really. It doesn't hurt to smile anyway, right?

Anyway, I'm kinda tired today. So will write again next time, then. Just two more days til end of this working days! *Gosh, remind me again why I decided to work when I could lay around on my ass all day long?!*

No comments: