Monday 24 March 2008

I've seen a better Monday

What certainly don't you need on a tiring Monday evening after a busy day at work?

You might answer with one simple word, e.g, a stalker, or perhaps, more than one word, like, a fight with your boyfriend? Yes, yes, sure, that would be crappy.

But, but, but! 'Low and behold! If my Monday could get any worse, I might consider arsenic! Or maybe just an aspirin.

I spent nearly two hours just to get home! Ha-ha-ha, funny, is it? No! Was it some kind of a cross-country trip? But the fact that I've wasted two hours of my life which I would never get back isn't the only thing driving me mad. Okay, so let me tell you from the beginning.

The moment I stepped out of the office I realized that my mood was going to go downhill from there, no amount of pulleys could possibly lift it up, even if Lennox Lewis himself was present. It was raining. But it wasn't just the usual romantic rain you see in the television where two people can chase each other around, kiss passionately and still attract envy. It was a crazy, mind-blowing, super heavy rain! Tiny little me with my tiny little umbrella conquering the heavy weight champion of all rain. There were puddles of water everywhere and by the time I reached my bus stop I was soaked and the bottom of my jeans was practically dripping. The bus stop was so crowded, and I managed to sit in the corner while waiting for my bus, but of course, even just waiting wasn't enough, the rain was too heavy that despite being in the shelter, you still got splashed all over, and what's worse was those private cars which drove super fastly and spattering water everywhere towards me, a wet-looking struggling student from faraway land! Seriously! I didn't even ask for a lift, the least they could do was being a tad bit considerate. When I'm older and rich, I'll be driving in my posh BMW and splashing those struggling students as a revenge, I'm telling you!

I endured this crap for almost half an hour, and by the time my bus finally came, I was this close to actually strangling the bus driver, but my conscience restrained me from doing so, cos then I thought, 'who would drive me home?'. Sod it! The bus too was almost full *bugger!* and the only available seats were the ones in the front, but the roof was leaking and water was dripping right to the empty seats! You've got to be kidding me! I had to sit and endure another hour in the bus when the traffic was awful facing backwards, resulting in a serious nausea in my stomach. Probably I shouldn't have read a book in a moving bus but I was damn bored, okay. Seriously, though, I don't know why I felt particularly nauseaus in the bus, I mean, it's not like I've never sat facing backwards before.

After what it felt like an eternity and more, I alighted and you probably thought, 'okay, things are looking up, she's reaching home already', but you're wrong! While walking a short distance from the bus stop to my apartment, my sandal strap bloody broke! For fuck's sake! I was walking like a bloody spastic as a result! Try walking with a side strapless sandal, okay! I'm not a crab! By this point I wasn't only boiling, I was already vapouring! Meaning, I was way beyond pissed, I was fuuuurriiiouss at the shittiness of my luck. My luck has a shit luck. Ha!

So, really, after taking a bath and after finding out that my bloody hair dryer needs some serious attitude adjusment (cos it's just not a team player, it didn't wanna cooperate), I have ran out of curse words. And based on the brilliant obsevation, I declared that this was the shittiest Monday ever.

'Shitty Monday Club' is hiring new members. Anyone wants to join?

No comments: