Saturday 22 March 2008

Plan

I have too many ambitions. In my head I have formulated plans to make money, to be a litte more creative, to do things others don't, to think outside the box, and to do something more. I don't plan to succeed much, but I want to do something I can be very proud of. I want to create from scratch. I want to do all kinds of stuffs but I end up not doing anything much, because the starting part is always the hardest, and it doesn't help that I have such short attention span. I tend to get bored easily which results in being very excited about one thing today and just couldn't care less in the next. It's not a very good business-trait, is it?

But I don't want to miss out, and I have to start eventually and put as much dedication as when I first started planning it, and it's one thing I have to promise myself. I realized that I have been putting this off for various excuses; some more justifiable than others. Too busy, for instance, well, everyone's busy these days, we all have jobs and mouths to feed. But it's just the amount of time you want to side aside for this creativity is what matters. It doesn't need to be finished in one day or two, or even a month. Some take months and years to complete, but it always gets easier as we go along, doesn't it? But in my defense, which is true, life hasn't been too kind of me, to us, for the past year so it's not exactly at the top of my priority list, venturing and trying out new things. But again, maybe it's just an excuse too, maybe even if life wasn't so sucky I wouldn't still have had just quite the push to get started and actually do it. Who knows, right?

I learn that it's not easy to work, you get to enjoy it to a certain extent, of course, but there's a lot more into it than just doing what you really like. I work in PR, and I see my colleagues go to various events and awards and get invited to clients' party and all things that seem glamorous and fun, and sure, they are all those things, and more. People don't get to see how these people run around in the office struggling to meet deadlines and cry in frustration when the printer doesn't work or when things go wrong.

What I'm saying is, although it's not easy, we still have to do it. And despite all the hard work, there is always an element of contentment, satisfaction, enjoyment. And maybe that's enough when it comes to it. Maybe I should practise this attitude towards my plan too. Because when we know we have an option to do, or not to do it, given the choice we wouldn't do it for numbers of excuses, when in reality we're just simply lazy.

We all say that we want to save time, but what good does it do: saving time, if nobody uses it? At the end of the day, I just want to do this, for my personal achievement. I need to know that I can do it if only I want to and if I really put my mind into it. And hopefully this time, there will be no excuse. Because excuse doesn't get us anywhere, if anything it will just chain us to the present. It makes us lazy and unmotivated. For once, I want to do something that matters, for myself above anyone else.

As scary and unlikely as it might sound, I've grown up. God knows I still make mistakes and sometimes (okay, mostly) I don't act as my age, I also know I'm still oblivious to most things, but I think I finally learnt. My guidance isn't here anymore but maybe because of that, I'm forced to hang on to myself.

So. No more excuses. Just do it. I've been putting this off for too long, take as much time as I need and just dive in. Just write.

No comments: