Friday 7 March 2008

Can't Get More Random

Am just going to throw in some random, top-of-the-mind, probably (okay, most likely) insignificant, frivolous, and uninteresting thoughts.

Friday at exactly 7.38 pm:

  • I love Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova's performance at the Oscar! Fine, so the show's like..so ancient days ago..but I just saw the video yesterday since I have been busy and I didn't exactly have the energy (you're looking at an old maid, remember?) to watch the show when it aired gazillion days ago (exaggeratement has been long descended in my generation). See the video here, it's just really great to hear a full ensemble of instruments accompanying the song when we've always heard only the guitar-piano version of it. Makes the song even more complete, somehow. Great for them to win the Oscar too! (yeah yeah, again, if this was another scenario and someone was crying for help, that person would have been killed like, fifteen times before I actually realized to react..)
  • Today was hectic at work! I was supposed to finish at 12 and my school wasn't until 2, so thought I would have still had time to walk like a spoilt princess and perhaps grabbed some man..I mean, lunch, before my class. But I had to get something done and I couldn't get out til 1.30 pm, by then I started hypervilenting. I barely made it to class on time and when I got in, everybody was busy reading the text book while I was like, "huh? what textbook?" and apparently, we all had to take quiz! On the first day! With reference to the book, which I didn't even have to begin with. Very classy, girl.
  • I'm having Art class now, and one of the quiz question was 'have you ever seen a concert before?' and I was so enthusiastic cos I remembered Mickey, and Minnie, and Nemo, and Dori. Yeah! I've been to Disney on Ice, haven't I? It might not be 'Les Miserables' or even Maroon 5's concert but hey, it was a performance on stage nevertheless, right? After which we submitted the paper, the lecturer started talking about how we could actually get to enjoy art for free in Singapore (she then referred to the Life section of The Straits Times to prove her point, cos apparently there's a segment specially dedicated to geek...no, I mean, artsy people..you know, admiring gallery, and all..), but then she immediately exclaimed, "but not that Disney on Ice thing, for certain! Ugh! Those Mickey, Minnie and that!" I was totally gobsmacked, feeling defensive suddenly. Hey! I love Mickey, Minnie and 'all that', okay! I've never felt so insulted before, as if someone criticised such fundamental thing about me, like my..mole, or something. It's not as if I could choose it otherwise! Disney is classic okay, it's part of my childhood. Okay, why am I getting so fed up anyway?
  • Back to work subject, I'm supposed to finish this amd-monthly report by Monday, ok! I have no freaking idea on earth how the hell I would get it done! *three exclamation marks*
  • Just saw Project Runway season finale, thought Rami should have won instead. I think he's way too talented not to win! Love that show.
  • I have school tomorrow, bugger! Sure, we have holiday for far too long but now we have school on a Saturday?! Where's the fairness in that? Right? Right? Right?!

They are random, I've warned you that!

No comments: