Thursday 20 March 2008

Home for Wedding

I feel exceptionally tired these days because of daily ritual of school and work, but emotionally I'm so deliriously happy. Of course, there's a little fear too, fear that arises when you're with someone, fear which you can't really control. Despite the rational part of the brain telling you that the feeling is based on nothing and it is ridiculous, but subsconsciously it's always there, looming and consuming when you start letting insecurity kicks in.

But I don't want to focus on the fear, because it's just nearly perfect. It's not that I wasn't happy before but there's just a new rush of excitement and laugh every single day. I know I have always had my friends to have fun and bear with my randomness but now I have one person who's just...obligated to take over the job and to me, that's extremely comforting. Ha! But before my mushiness starts to make you wanna gag, I thought I would spare you the agony and talk about something else.

I haven't had time to write recently and I really, really miss it. I miss just being in front of the laptop without thinking about homeworks and jobs. But to make it fair, I enjoy my work, don't get me wrong. It's just that once I get home, have dinner and talk on the phone, suddenly it's midnight again. And I just have to sleep if I don't want to look like a zombie the following day. Is it just me or is my life turning boring or am I just getting old? Not the last two, I hope? Okay, this is depressing.

But, I haven't had the chance to talk about my recent trip home last weekend. It was my cousin's wedding and so my sister and I ditched (sorry, I mean, took a leave) from work and flew home. Even though it was simply too short, we had a blast.


I miss my little sis, Meli! She's talking on and on about how she almost reaches my height! And she's right, dammit. From the way I see it, I'm not growing any taller, so I will always definitely shorter than my older sister, but looks like Meli is growing like tree and by this time (as you can see), she's only inches shorter than me and something tells me by the time I see her again, she'll be able to look down on me, quite literally. Not like I mind if people think I'm the youngest but for the reason that I do look young, please, not because I'm the shortest among us three with the oldest face!


The wedding was a traditional chinese wedding, and to be honest, I couldn't see what was going on because Meli, me, and two of our big brothers had to sit outside the reception room to greet all the incoming guests. By the time I came in the room, every food in sight was nearly finished. I have been eyeing a certain crab asparagus soup from the beginning and I felt totally crestfallen seeing the little stand had closed! Bugger! I want my soup! I want my crab! I want my soup!!!! Supposed I could have thrown a little tantrum there, but my wisdom has well surpassed my age, so I restrained it. I was so proud of myself.

Anyway, you can see a lot more pictures at my multiply site.

That trip back home is definitely the hightlight of this month, and it's not just about the wedding itself. I got to see some distant relatives, some I didn't like very much, but it was nice to see that 'that certain relative' still looked awful as I remembered her to be. So hey, at least it made me feel a bit better. (I know I sounded terrible but don't ask.) But apart from her (and the weird woman in the bathroom), there were great people there! Can you believe I'm already an aunt? It was my first time seeing the little notorious boy, and his dad introduced us by saying, "Jason, meet aunt Christina".

I was in constant horror!
(If this were a movie, this would be the perfect time to play those sudden-loud grave music as the background)

I expressed this near hysteria by saying, "Aunt? Aunt? Can you please, please, please, (almost nearly begging) just call me big sister or something?" I couldn't bear thinking of myself, this hopeless 21-year-old girl can be an aunt to anyone!

Raymond, his dad, being a sweet guy like he is, just laughed and agreed to do exactly that. But the damage has been done. Now I feel like an aunt.


The little firecracker formerly known as Jason. The other one is the happy groom right before make up. He looked pretty normal, didn't he?:) Jason's half Indonesian and Netherland, something tells me he'll be a heartbreaker when he's older!

Have I mentioned that I'm so glad it's holiday?! Promise I'll write more soon (definitely during this weekened!)

No comments: