Saturday 9 January 2010

RIP Old Mp3

So I'm deeply ashamed. Okay, let me tell you from the beginning.

I got my mp3 player around four years ago, give and take (I believe it was more than 4 years ago, but I'm not gonna talk statistics here.) and it's been working well for most of those times. Sure, there was a crack on it (little crack!) after I sort of dropped it on one occasion (one!), which means, well, it still worked, but I had to practically hold it together if I needed to pull out the USB port (to transfer songs from the computer) to prevent it from falling apart. But hey, aside from that, I had no complaints.

I thought it was impressive that despite the crack and the old age, essentially my mp3 player was still functioning well. I even patted myself on the back for being such a good owner. (Of course, the world revolves around me.)

But that's not exactly unjustifiable. My sister's phone recently died and she had to take it to the store to get it fixed, and she just had that phone for less than a year! Her previous phone wasn't that much luckier either. For some reason, they just couldn't last for so long, and I can proudly say that I've had very long-lasting phones in my record. So, well, I guess that pat on my back is somewhat appropriate and not at all self-centered?

Back to the mp3 story, though. Somehow during this past year, I hardly used it anymore for no particular reason. Well, I enjoy listening to music while I'm commuting back and forth to work, or to school, but since I graduated last year and I haven't exactly been working, I guess there wasn't much a point to use my mp3 to listen to music when I was mostly at home, and could easily just use the laptop. I also have gone back to my reading-frenzy mode recently so I was obsessed with reading on the train instead.

It could very may be, that my mp3 was spoiled because it hadn't been used in a long time. But now that I'm working again and my office is really bloody far, I'm in dire need for serious music again to keep me company through the long journey of commute (especially in the morning! I need upbeat songs to wake me up, really.) That, and the fact that my reading-frenzy mode has mellowed a bit.

So I dug around for my old mp3 player again, and got really encouraged that it still worked...for about a day. Today as I happily slipped the headphones to my ears, no music came out from the player, and it could not be turned on. I sat there, feeling defeated and dejected. I am ashamed because apparently I'm not as good as an owner as I thought before.

And if even that absolute fact is shaken, who knows, I may not be as charming and adorable as I thought so as well. *grim* Oh. Shucks.

So, I'm gonna get myself a new mp3 player! And this is so exciting because I just got my first salary and I can buy one on my own! Aren't you all proud of me? Little Tina is growing up indeed! Yeah, so hopefully by end of day tomorrow, I will have already gotten myself a brand new player to survive me another day of commuting to work!

Right now I'm swaying towards Sony Walkman mp3 player. Yeah, I'm excited!

No comments: