Saturday 1 August 2009

Real 300. Oops, sorry.

Apparently, I made a mistake.

THIS is the 300th post. Okay, now I've totally spoiled the moment so I'm not even gonna mention this subject again. Ever. Well, yeah. I'll try my best.

Anyway, just a quick post today. The first day of August, as we speak! It's 1:28 am here and I just finished seeing The Knowing on DVD. Have you seen the film? It's the one with Nicolas Cage about the number and prediction thing? Okay, let me just say that it's a really ambitious movie. Not necessarily in a bad way. I actually thoroughly enjoyed it; by the middle of it I was so eager to find out how the story would end. So I gave it a cookie point for being gripping and engaging enough! My sister, cousin and I don't make an easy audience. We had hopes, and expectations. HOPE!

I've seen many movies with similar ideas: catastrophic events, natural disasters, alien invasion, that may very well lead to the end of the world . Look at The Independence Day, The Day After Tomorrow, War of The Worlds, The Happening, just to mention a few. But I can safely say that I don't think I've seen one with this kind of ending. Where everything sorts of just...end. And although Nicolas Cage is still the heroic character (sometimes, a little too cheesily so), not even he could make it in the end.

And I don't know. Does that make the movie more beliveable, or not? Yes, and no. Well, I take it most of you have seen the flick so you'd know what I mean. The alien thing is so out of this world, but at the same time it's a change to see that not everything ends happily for the main character.

I'll try to write more tomorrow, but it's late and I wanna get some reading done before bed. I've started reading John Irving again, and the font is so small you have to practically use a magnifying glass. Okay, maybe not, but it's still a lot smaller than average. Have you ever seen 'The Fountainhead'? Probably that small. Yes. It took me months to finish 'The Prayer of Owen Meany' (although it was a highly rewarding experience, the ending blew me away), still I'd like to not drag it and be lazy. So far, I only got to page...47.

Okay, a loooooong way to go. So, good night for the time being.

No comments: