Wednesday 7 May 2008

Lil' Something from Lil' Sis

My little sister and I have an interesting relationship. We don't talk about boys or periods, make ups or fashion trends. Instead, we bond over play station games, music, cable tv, food, road trips and comic books. There is not much I can say about the similar way we think or express ourselves. She's always been distant, not because she's uncomfortable of sharing things or because there's just not enough time to sit and talk. She has always been her. She's just not the kind who bothers to be melancholic, swooning over unnecessary details.

She's more alike to my older sister than to me, they're both strong and nonchalant, unperturb and hard. Growing up, because of the age difference, we weren't as close as I wanted us to be. Even now, although being with her feels so natural and easy, I wish she would open up more.

But despite all that, she is my little sister and isn't she cute. She made this collage of her and me of the months I spent back home. We shared the same narcissistic trait, well, there you go, she's my sister afterall. If there is one thing, one thing at all that can be served as evidence, then there it is. Of course, it probably is easier to just take a look at us, surely our eyes are alike? Nose? Mouth? Anything?

Thanks for this, lil' sis! :)

No comments: