Thursday 28 June 2007

Loss

I've never experienced loss before. I don't know if that means I've lead a protected, happy, or even, lucky life. I've been so shielded from...well, death. And..somehow, stories about loss has always been..surreal to me, cos I couldn't relate to it. I might be naive, but I've always..allowed myself to think that everything will stay in place, that everyone I know now, will still be around when I get hitched in Himalaya mountain or wherever, that they will still be there whataver happens, no matter how old they are, no matter how wrinkled they become,..they will be healthy, and well,..around.

But no. It hit me that..that just isn't possible. It hit me. Just like something has suddenly awaken me from this sleep, slapped me from this unreasonable fantasy. It forces me to face the reality. Not to take anything from granted, not to waste moments with unnecessary problems, because nothing will ever stay the same forever.

I didn't cry. It still feels surreal. Like everything is just a bad dream. It hasn't sunk in yet. Everything happened so suddenly, and so far away that..I still can't believe it. Like it happened to someone else, not to me, not to mine.And I can't do anything. What is one supposed to feel in times like this?

I wish I could cry.

Mostly, I just feel so saddened.

No comments: