Tuesday 26 June 2007

I'm Getting Old

I swear to you I'm getting old, boring..and fat.
Now shall I entertain you with these charming, amusing and fascinating reasons why. *that is my attempt to be funny, which God forbids me, obviously isn't working*

Therefore, I am dull and boring. In fact, that's reason number one. All signs are there. In "When You're Getting Boring, Do You Know That You're Getting Boring? - Making Sense Into Your Adulthood; first edition". Ladies and gentlemen, I'm officially old, boring, and fat. Bring up my knitting tools!

Reason #1: I can't crack a joke anymore. A noise made by a horse has more chance of stirring up laughter than the words that came out from my mouth. Even the generous hearts would admit that it's sad.

Yesterday I went for a little karaoke, and although okay, karaoke isn't so dull, you say? It probably isn't, but when all you sang were songs from the era of such Beeges and Air Supply, you know that something is not quite right. Which brings me to...

Reason #2: I suddenly found myself humming and listening to oldies. Which isn't really a big deal once in a while, but then...

Reason #3: I downloaded tons of stuffs from Backstreet Boys, 911, M2M, even The Moffats. Know what I mean? 'Old' and 'Boring' are all pointing at me.

So hey, I was still singing, right, in the karaoke, I mean. And I brought my camera, which is almost always tucked safely inside my bag for all ocassions. And so I wanted to take picture, but I just seemed to lose focus and all sense of creativity! The only decent picture I managed to snap is this...



Reason #4: I can't even bloody make a good picture anymore! Look at it! Nothing. There is nothing but me, no sophisticated table, no interesting details, no displays of drinks or food, no NOTHING! If the picture doesn't scream dull! dull! dull!, I don't know what is.

I would be pleased if my voice could break a glass or two, at least that gotta showed that hey, I still had energy,man! I still got that edge! But, no, even my singing is boring.

And so, afterwhich, I got back and continued slacking at home and watching another DVDs. In fact, that's all I've been doing lately when I'm home..which is, well, often!

Reason #5: I do almost nothing but watching DVDs at home.

Yesterday it was 'The Village', today it was 'The Rivers Run Through It'. Half of 'Romeo and Juliet' the day before yesterday. In fact, there's the next reason.

Reason #6: I do almost nothing but watching old DVDs at home.

On my defense, I'd say 'hell with it! Old movies are great!'

But why do I spend most of the time at home, you ask? Don't I have friends or something? Well yes,yes, since you mentioned it, in fact I do have friends! Well, my best friend is currently away to her hometown, but there are plenty others here. On the contrary, some have been asking me out for dinner or lunch, but why oh why did I always turn them down? It isn't like me to turn down free dinner! See, next evidence on my boring-O-meter.

Reason #7: I find myself not wanting to go out.
Reason #8: All I want is slacking lazily at home with my pjs.

I should say 'It's not you, it's me' for anyone who have been failing to drag my ass out.

Well, if it's a little consolation, it's not like I don't go out at all. Like some days ago, I met my school friends for sushi, and another friend for movie, the karaoke, went out numerous times with Sis for all sorts of entertainments, and came out back and forth to the library to borrow and return books, etc.

So although I probably should start looking for the nearest senior citizen home, I don't have to move in there anytime soon. Still...

Reason #9: Thinking about senior citizen home is definitely not a good sign.

Apart from these wow-how-exciting-extracurricular-activities, *see? Bad joke again*, I couldn't help but thinking that yes,..

Reason #10: I haven't been to a club for weeks.

See, that's why I need my ocassional dose of neon lights, smoke and alcohol. At least it makes me feel young! Now I just feel...dull!

I just realized that I haven't mentioned a bit about the getting-fat thing, so that follows next..

Reason #11: I gained 3 more kgs.
Reason #12: Seriously speaking, I look bigger.
Reason #13: My tummy and arms, especially.

I don't like limiting myself, especially when it comes to food. I'm the follower of 'sod it, I will eat whatever I want'-philosophy, but this is starting to creep me up. I don't usually gain weight, no matter how much I eat. So what's happening now?

So here I am, nearly 1 am in the morning, feeling old, boring and fat.

Reason #14: Feeling old, boring and fat at 1 am in the morning is not good.

And there are officially 10 'borings' in this post. Which brings us, tadaaa, to the last reason.

Reason #15: I found myself counting how many 'boring' words in this entry.

Seriously, when you even bothered to do such unnecessary, dull things (i.e: looking up for gray hair, watching grass grows or..oops, counting words in a blog entry) you are undoubtely, getting old. Not necessarily fat, but old, yes.

I'm still 20, for God's sake! I'm not supposed to have this crisis until I'm at least fifty! Shouldn't I?

I need help! HELP! Search and Rescue!!!!!

No comments: