Thursday 4 July 2013

Expectation vs Reality.

At the end of the work day on Friday, my colleagues would pose me this question, “So, what are you going to do this weekend?” In fact, that’s probably the first thing they would ask on a Monday morning as well, and I always wish I could reply them with a list of the amazing things I did over the weekend which would leave them speechless.

This is what I would like to happen:

“Oh, you know, I just flew to Bangkok for a shopping spree. It was FAB! You have to see how many pair of shoes I bought!”

Or

“Funny you should ask! On Saturday I went to Jamie’s Italian where I dined with Jamie Oliver himself. He was really nice, he let us sample all his signature dishes and even open a bottle of Champagne just because he can.”

I’m sure THAT would make a wonderful story. But instead, this is what actually happens on most occasions:

“Er. Nothing, really. Slept the whole weekend away.”

Or

“Oh, you know, really glamorous, thanks. I stayed home, ate instant noodles while watching Criminal Minds reruns.”

Nope. Not glamorous at all.

No comments: