Friday 5 February 2010

Ode to my oldest friend!

I'm back to civilization! Well okay, not that I've been gone to the jungle or anything, but I went to Batam for a few days to meet a friend of mine, and I had a really nice time! I've never been there before, and I imagined a hectic mess just like Jakarta, but it wasn't like that at all. In fact, it was so calm and relaxing. It's like being home without actually being home, you get what I mean?

Um, no? Oh well. Sorry. I'm not too good at being descriptive.

But I did some awesome shoppings (currency exchange FTW!) and most importantly, I got to catch up with my friend, who has been a friend since I was, what, 4? No, seriously. She and I were kindergarten friends, and we went to the same elementary school, where we got really close at one point for years. Our junior and senior high school were different, so we didn't get to see each other that much at all, and it was even worse during university because I moved to Singapore.

But well, Facebook got us back in touch again and it was incredibly nice of her to let me crash at her place, and she chaperoned me throughout my trip (read: kept me well-fed at all times) and it was so nice to know that we haven't changed much at all. We still get along great, and to think that she's probably my oldest friend ever, is just amazing!

Go hug a friend beside you now because I'm feeling mushy!

No comments: