Thursday 13 November 2008

Easy Breezy

I just did my interview at the embassy this morning, and despite a minor setback, like, catching a semi-heart attack because I got there late, everything went really well. I met Fairuz, Aaron and Gerry there 'by accident' so we ended up having a laugh while waiting. I must have spent at least four hours, with no handphone, no nothing, I was even told not to bring big bag so I just clung on to this small clutch with nothing inside to occupy myself while my hair turned grey. But am so glad it's over and done with. So far I've only managed to find one grey hair, so damage is minimum, rest assured.

3 more working days, I can't believe it! Fine, so 2 months is hardly anything, but it seems like a big deal to me, miss short-attention-span. I'm doing pretty okay, I suppose.

Just last night too, I went on this new buffet place in Boat Quay who isn't even officially opened yet. The opening is just this weekend, so the place was deserted. In fact, we were the only people there, and the foodspread was just lavished. The waitresses were super attentive, they already took the plates away even when we still chew on the meat, well, not like I could blame them, I bet they're ridiculously bored. It's not bad, though, the all-you-can-eat price includes cocktails and all types of hot drinks as well.

At this rate, I really should watch the food I eat. I've been having too many buffets, too many fast food and too many pork, but I've started eating fruits and more veggies these days, which is typically so unlike me. But naturally I don't not like fruits, I simply don't bother buying one. Now I make mental notes to buy some when I walk pass the market on my way home from work. Been successful so far, hmm. Wonder how long it'll last.

2 songs:

1. All-Star Charity - Just Stand Up
The track by Beyonce, Fergie, Mariah Carey, Rihanna, Carrie Underwood, Sheryl Crow, Mary J. Blige, and many other female singers on behalf on the cancer foundation. This song has been playing in the radio for quite some time and I've always liked it, but I've never known the title and the singer until only recently. The song's really empowering and it's always great to see a good collaboration.

2. Jason Mraz and James Morrison - Details in the Fabric
My two favorite singers in one track! You know from the lyrics that it must be Jason's song, though, it's fantastic. I love their voices together, and James Morrison has such a unique vocal, he can almost make every song sentimentil. Even if he sings an upbeat song, it will most definitely still sound mellow.

My exam is in two days time and I barely touch my notes. I shall worry about that tomorrow night, that's cutting it too close! Looking forward to weekend, despite it all, though. I'm quite excited of mate's coming over next week, so I'm sure I'll have more to tell after!

No comments: