Friday, 10 September 2010

Went Cycling

This week is so crazy and full of surprises like you wouldn't believe. In the midst of work and still trying to gain some sanity by going out and having fun, days passed by ever so quickly.

I've managed to finish the layout of my next assignment with Mind+ magazine, though. There's still a lot of work to be done 'til I get the article completed but well, at least it's something and I still have until the end of the month to work on it. See, that's the thing about writing as a 'job'. I don't know. I love writing, but I guess it's different when you start doing it as a work. Sure there's still some pleasure involved, but it's not truly yours anymore. Not your freedom, unless you're one of the lucky ones who get to pick and choose what to write. But so far it's been good for me, I suppose. I'm not complaining! Trying to be positive, remember?

I went through some emotional hurdle this week. It's really, really silly, though. I hate myself for being so emotional. I think I've said it many times before. I think too much. As a result, I worry and get affected too easily. When you have been that way for as long as you remember, how could you change?

Now I'm over it though! I've burnt all those teenage angst during muay thai yesterday! After the short session, I felt like seriously punching (certain) people in the head. Oh no. In all seriousness, it's always fun meeting new people and learning new things.

Today I went to Pulau Ubin with sisters and cousins and my sister-in-law. Ehm. ;) It started out great 'cos we were all excited to cycle and enjoy the nature for a change. Once we started cycling for half an hour, the weather started to shift and before we knew it, rain came pouring in like cats and dogs! Thank goodness we managed to reach the central of the so-called-town and had lunch when it was still drizzling. It stopped sometime during lunch, so we thought, great. Now the weather's perfect and cool to continue our cycle.

So we did. Not long after it started raining again though! Harder and harder as time went on and we were quite drenched and the slopes were steep and lots of times we had to carry the bike and walk. My butt seriously hurt 'cos the seat was too hard! I don't know how we did it, but we somehow managed to finish the trail and go back to return the bikes in one piece! I fell down from my bike once, ouch!

By the time we're done, I was like, "dang, this is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. You know what, never again." Haha! A little British humor there.

Let me share some (unglamorous) pictures from our day in the island. I was scrolling through them and realized I looked overwhelmingly fat! Ugh. Plus we were all sweating and wet and tired and dirty. These are the pictures that won't make it to Facebook. ;p Nah. I'm kidding. Or am I?

Speaking of which, I'm gonna do that later because the pictures need to be resized first. I'll get around to posting them here eventually though.

So. Until next time! ;)

No comments: